1463 11 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user04613d1c01
lvl.1
Philippines

hi fellow phantom pilots.
i just wanna share this...
updated my p3s with the firmware to 1.7.9. & after successful  update, i cant connect to wifi but rc is functional with the bird. the  power light of the rc keeps on steady red.
managed to reset the  SSID/Password but still cant connect to wifi even if i see my phantom  i.d.
downgraded to 1.6.8 via sd card. & now the rc could not link to the bird as well as the wifi.
is there a master reset or factory reset button to rc as well as drone?
i have no problem with the 1.5.7 fw before.
sent my problem to dji support but till now, no reply was made!!!
seeking advice or help from fellow pilots in this forum. :-)
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know your ticket number? we'd love to help you escalate it.
It seems the disconnection problem between RC and AC is caused by inconsistent firmware version.
May I know have you tried to upgrade the AC to the latest again?
You can see the phantom WiFi signal, when type in the password 12341234, is there any error message popping up?Sorry to tell you that there is no option to reset the RC and AC to factory defaulty.
2016-12-13
Use props
kid joe
lvl.1
Philippines

thanks you for the reply DJI Natalia... heres my ticket. #362582
yup i tried to upgrade again in the latest firmware but nothing happens.
- at the first/original fw update, the wifi could not connect right after.
- downgraded to 1.6.8 & the rc will not link as well as could not connect to wifi but i can see the phantom wifi thru my phone but its not stable or it keeps on disappearing then back after several seconds.
- upgraded again to the latest firmware thru sd card, no wifi as well as i could not link the RC even on the manual method... RC power light keeps on solid red, link indicator solid red on the a/c, rear indicator flash with yellow lights.
- i have checked the wifi status also with wifi analyzer & confirmed it has -40 dbm i think.

"You can see the phantom WiFi signal, when type in the password 12341234, is there any error message popping up"
- yes i can see the WIFI signal but i cant log in even if i used the default password & there's no error message, it seems that it refuses to connect to wifi. i did also updated my app to 3.1 version
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kid joe Posted at 2016-12-14 11:54
thanks you for the reply DJI Natalia... heres my ticket. #362582
yup i tried to upgrade again in the latest firmware but nothing happens.
- at the first/original fw update, the wifi could not connect right after.
I've checked the ticket, our support has replied you already.
May I know how long you've owned it?
Before upgrading, everything was working properly, right?
Please try to reset the WiFi, then check again.
Also you can forget the network or change another device to have a test.
reset WiFi.png
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Since you upgrade it again still cannot link them, please help us export the upgrading log:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder
2016-12-14
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 16:04
I've checked the ticket, our support has replied you already.
May I know how long you've owned it?
Before upgrading, everything was working properly, right?

hi natalia,
yes, a dji support already made reply to my mail.
- im not sure about how old the bird is. if i have not mistaken, 6 months i think.
- yup, everything works fine before the upgrade made last weekend.
- already tried to reset the wifi in fact it managed to change the ssid into the default name/password but nothing happens. i also tried to re link the Rc & Phantom but cannot re link.
- tried installing the dji app with other device also but same case with my device, it show the ssid but still cant log in with the wifi.
:-(
2016-12-14
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 16:05
Since you upgrade it again still cannot link them, please help us export the upgrading log:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.

ok.. ill post the log file but im afraid about the old log files during the upgrade/downgrade coz everytime i save the bin file on the sd card, i keep on reformating it on my pc.
thanks
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

acidburn Posted at 2016-12-14 16:32
hi natalia,
yes, a dji support already made reply to my mail.
- im not sure about how old the bird is. if i have not mistaken, 6 months i think.

Really sorry about that, it seems it needs to be sent in for evaluation and get it fixed by our engineers.
2016-12-14
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-14 17:31
Really sorry about that, it seems it needs to be sent in for evaluation and get it fixed by our engineers.

sending you thru message the latest log. thanks
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

acidburn Posted at 2016-12-14 22:29
sending you thru message the latest log. thanks

Sorry I did not receive your messages for some unknown reasons.
Would you please post it here or just reply the e-mail from support@dji.com, we'll help you handle it soon.
2016-12-15
Use props
acidburn
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-15 16:14
Sorry I did not receive your messages for some unknown reasons.
Would you please post it here or just reply the e-mail from , we'll help you handle it soon.

sent thru email already to dji support. thanks
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

acidburn Posted at 2016-12-16 13:07
sent thru email already to dji support. thanks

No problem, our tech support will help you check the log and reply you with the details.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules