DJI GO 4 Gesture Mode Quirks
1934 3 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneTone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3231654 ft
United States

I've noticed a few software quirks in DJI GO 4 using Gesture Mode several times now, enough that I'd like to mention them here and see if others can verify them as well.

Gesture Mode:
1. When Gesture Mode is used and a few photos are taken using it.
Assuming a user had previously set photos to be captured in JPEG+RAW (DNG) in the GO app.
In Gesture Mode only JPEG photos are captured, no RAW (DNG) files are saved.
Futhermore, for the rest of the flight, even when in Normal (GPS) Mode, all photos taken
after Gesture Mode was used will also be saved only in JPEG, (not RAW files), even though
JPEG+RAW (DNG) is the current photo setting in the GO 4 app.

2. If the the red LED lights happen to be turned off, say by having the C1 or C2 button set to be an On/Off switch;
when Gesture Mode is used, the lights will not activate to give the user any feedback about when they have been tracked, recognized
and a snapshot is to be shortly taken. It seems that even if the red LEDs currently happen to be set to off, they should still turn on when Gesture Mode  is used, thereby providing some feedback to the user about what the state of the Mavic is while in Gesture Mode.

2016-12-13
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Good Info for DJI app update..
2016-12-13
Use props
fansb26f6e4f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

hridge Posted at 2016-12-14 10:54
Good Info for DJI app update..

Accuracy reading of my experience..
2016-12-17
Use props
fansb26f6e4f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

fansb26f6e4f Posted at 2016-12-18 09:15
Accuracy reading of my experience..

By the way, it would be nice if the go app allowing users to set a safety distance to the drone while using the gesture mode, sometimes you just finally get everything settled, when you putting the Rc down to the ground, then the drone just get it self full throttled headed to you directly...... that's really an horrible experience!
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules