Unhappy new customer
1328 10 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tSharc
New
United States

I own a Phantom Pro 3 and after watching the OSMO videos decided the OSMO would be worth the investment. Imagine my surprise when I realized that, for storage, users are restricted to the DJI GO app. And worse, there's no way to move a complete video to my camera roll (the six second chunks make no sense to me). Are there any plans for an option to allow directly savng my videos and pics to my camera roll?
2016-12-15
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

Are you talking about the OSMO Mobile? I have one and use it with my Samsung S7 Edge and there was an update awhile ago that allows you to change the storage location of your files to your SD card.  If it's not the Mobile than I don't know.
2016-12-15
Use props
tSharc
New
United States

POTUS Posted at 2016-12-15 14:31
Are you talking about the OSMO Mobile? I have one and use it with my Samsung S7 Edge and there was an update awhile ago that allows you to change the storage location of your files to your SD card.  If it's not the Mobile than I don't know.

Yes, the Mobile, but I am using an iPhone 6s
2016-12-15
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Copying videos to the camera roll is the worst part of the Osmo Mobile. However, it can be done. Someone else posted the instructions, but I couldn't find them, so I'll just repeat them.

1) Open DJI Go.
2) Connect to the Device. Hit this button even if your Osmo Mobile isn't turned on. If it isn't turned on, then hit the blue "Camera" word that appears on the left. You can access the program even when the Osmo Mobile is turned off.
3) Hit the little "play" button in the bottom corner. That looks like a triangle in a square.
4) Press "Select" in the top right corner.
5) Tap on each of the videos you want to copy. They'll have a check mark on them when selected.
6) When you've finished selecting all your videos, press the "Save" button at the bottom.
7) This is also where you'll delete all these videos, when you're ready. You'll have to do that occasionally because they take up space in both the camera roll and the DJI Go app.

There you go.
2016-12-15
Use props
tSharc
New
United States

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-12-15 18:25
Copying videos to the camera roll is the worst part of the Osmo Mobile. However, it can be done. Someone else posted the instructions, but I couldn't find them, so I'll just repeat them.

1) Open DJI Go.

Thank you, thank, you, thank you! I've been very pleased with all my dealings with DJI with the Phantom, so I was shocked that the files were only being stored in the app
2016-12-15
Use props
tSharc
New
United States

1) Open DJI Go.

Thank you, thank, you, thank you! I've been very pleased with all my dealings with DJI with the Phantom, so I was shocked that the files were only being stored in the app
2016-12-15
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

tSharc Posted at 2016-12-15 20:55

Yes, it's weird. I love the Osmo Mobile. It's really great and can do a lot of stuff. It just has this one, big, painful flaw in how it stores its files.

At least there is this work around. I just worry about all the people who never go to the forums and don't find out about it.
2016-12-15
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

Just another reason why I love using Android over Apple.  Glad you have a workaround though.
2016-12-16
Use props
Tpolk
lvl.1
United States

1) Open DJI Go.

Very helpful thank YOU so much.
2016-12-20
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2
Canada

1) Open DJI Go.

have they updated this or  do they even plan to fix it? seems like a hassle
2016-12-22
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Travelling Dron Posted at 2016-12-22 22:27
have they updated this or  do they even plan to fix it? seems like a hassle

I don't know. All we can do is tell the forum moderators. We never hear anything from the engineers until a new feature is done or close to it.

As it is, I doubt it. DJI's priority seems to be getting people to edit videos in the app.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules