Flight Time In Beginners Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

I'm still in my 1st week of flying the P3P. Today I charged the AC & RC before liftoff and began filming within a minute or-so afterward. While landing I noticed the battery indicator on the GO app informing me that it was critically low, and after touchdown stopped filming. When reviewing the footage later I was surprised to noticed that the two video clips totalled less than 12 minutes combined. Might the total flight time be cut back from the 20 minutes I expected be due to being in beginners mode, or possibly due to filming?

Thanks in advance for any help in understanding my new drone...

Desertrose

2016-12-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You can expect 20 minutes of flying time, but if you ever get that, buy a lottery ticket. The advertised flying time is very optimistic, and based on ideal flying conditions, normally you will get less.
2016-12-15
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Battery will depend on a lot of things like how much you move the sticks, every stick movement increases the motors, how much the camera is on, wind and gps trying to keep it in place etc etc, plus how you have your battery warning set. If you have it to warn at 35% then 12 minutes is pretty good . I have mine set at 25% first warning and I have never got more than 18-20 minutes flight time.
2016-12-15
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2016-12-16 14:07
Battery will depend on a lot of things like how much you move the sticks, every stick movement increases the motors, how much the camera is on, wind and gps trying to keep it in place etc etc, plus how you have your battery warning set. If you have it to warn at 35% then 12 minutes is pretty good . I have mine set at 25% first warning and I have never got more than 18-20 minutes flight time.

Geebax & Bay Cruiser- That makes perfect sense, thanks for the replies. Seeing the warning made it hard to understand how some flyers able to log multiple miles per flight, while I maintained a 30 meter ceiling & perimeter.

Much appreciated,

desertrose
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules