How to change DNG to RAW and Filename ??
2453 11 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snoxy
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi,

I'd like to save Pictures under RAW extension, not DNG.  Is it possible ??

And Picture are saved as DJI_0001.jpg,  DJI_0002.jpg, etc.    How to change this file name for example with YYYYMMDD_0001.jpg,
(Or IMG_0001.jpg)

This is convenient when you want to save images numbered anywhere between 0001 to 9999 in multiple cards or folders into one folder in your computer. If the replacement card or existing folder already contains images recorded previously, the file numbering of the new images may continue from the file numbering of the existing images in the card or folder.

Is it possible ?

Thank you
Regards

2016-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No and no.

btw   
The file names only go up to 0999.
It would be nice if they used 4 digit numbering but DJI haven't since the P2V+

2016-12-16
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

The only way to do a continuing number is by using same card but erase it when your done transferring files instead of formatting it.
2016-12-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-12-17 13:27
The only way to do a continuing number is by using same card but erase it when your done transferring files instead of formatting it.

If you want the numbering to be continuous, you just have go to the settings and change File Index Mode from Reset to Continuous.
2016-12-16
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-12-17 13:27

mmmm, I have my numbers continuous and reformat card every time - seem to remember there was a setting change required? I have memory like a siv but was the setting change in the camera settings>file index mode>continuous?
If that is not the correct setting, hopefully if the is someone with a little more experience that can advise the correct setting.
2016-12-16
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Lethal Posted at 2016-12-17 01:07
mmmm, I have my numbers continuous and reformat card every time - seem to remember there was a setting change required? I have memory like a siv but was the setting change in the camera settings>file index mode>continuous?
If that is not the correct setting, hopefully if the is someone with a little more experience that can advise the correct setting.

Yes I forgot about the continuous setting, although I could have sworn when I reformatted in that mode it went back to 01, but I guess I must be wrong.
2016-12-17
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2016-12-17 16:02
Yes I forgot about the continuous setting, although I could have sworn when I reformatted in that mode it went back to 01, but I guess I must be wrong.

Again, not totally sure but the SIM card does not allocate the numbers - that would be done by the AC programming and the SIM only stores them so reformatting the SIM should not affect the numbering.
2016-12-17
Use props
SIP4Stock
lvl.1
South Africa

Hi. I have a similar question. Shooting RAW video with the current file name system, over a period of days, the raw files and up jumbled during post because they cannot be sorted by date. I need to display these 200 or so clips in date order but cannot. Please can DJI offer the alternative to record the clip name starting with the date so that they can be sorted by date.
2017-1-20
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Australia

Whilst you cant change the file type .mov without using a post edit program, you can always change the preceding characters. For example the standard file name of: DJI-001.mov could be manually changed to : 001 21012017.mov and 002 21012017 etc and that sort them for you although change the numbering to continuous and they will auto sort in the order taken (well for the 1st 999 files it will!)
2017-1-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SIP4Stock Posted at 2017-1-20 22:59
Hi. I have a similar question. Shooting RAW video with the current file name system, over a period of days, the raw files and up jumbled during post because they cannot be sorted by date. I need to display these 200 or so clips in date order but cannot. Please can DJI offer the alternative to record the clip name starting with the date so that they can be sorted by date.

"the raw files and up jumbled during post because they cannot be sorted by date"

What's preventing you from sorting files according to date?
Date order sorting is a basic feature of the operating system of your computer.
Here's how to do it in windows:
Date Sort.jpg
2017-1-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Time to look into getting a File Renaming app.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how ... tes-they-were-shot/
2017-1-21
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Easiest way is to use a program like Photomechanic which you can customise to rename the media files during ingest (download). I've used it to manage raw files across multiple cameras for 10yrs or more now and found it to be excellent for the job. It's a pretty decent photo browser too and the latest version lets you see video files as well. It can handle the mix of video, raw and jpegs quite easily.

The other thing to do is to make sure (as already suggested) that you have continuous file naming set. That will keep file numbering contiguous when deleting or reformatting the same sd card. Unfortunately, if you use multiple sd cards (as I do) the numbering doesn't carry over between the cards easily. If you get a new folder created e.g. MEDIA101 on one card, it doesn't create a new MEDIA101 folder on your other cards automatically and you can still sometimes end up with confused numbering.

Hth
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules