Video Output/Camera Sensor
1504 6 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dimitri.serovat
lvl.1

Germany

Dear DJI and all Inspire1 owners,

after reviewing footage shot on my inspire1, it appears that the camera sensor is not the greatest.

@DJI: All shot footage has grain in it. The grain gets very extreme the darker it gets. Especially when I face very big surfaces colored grey, green or whatever color, the camera adds such an immense amount of grain to the picture that the footage becomes UNUSABLE.

Why is it like that? Is it because of the h.264 recording codec? Is it the weak sensor? Is there an update coming so we will be able to record pure RAW, e.g. ProRes422?

The ProRes422 transcoding tool doesnt really help as it cannot improve image quality in any way...

When is another camera coming or will you offer a gimbal that will enable to connect another camera to it?

Thanks in advance for a quick answer as I am really struggeling here with the image quality!
2015-2-12
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

video is nice and usable. pictures . . . .hm. . . . would be much better.
i hope that soon dji will introduce a better camera for photography or a a new firmware that improves, somehow, the quality of image.
2015-2-12
Use props
dimitri.serovat
lvl.1

Germany

delas Posted at 2015-2-13 03:06
video is nice and usable. pictures . . . .hm. . . . would be much better.
i hope that soon dji will  ...

thanks for your input delas, but i am a film industry professional and trust me, the way the video is recorded right now with the h264 codec it is definetely not usable and far away from nice.

Question towards DJI - hello are you there? - is there a firmware update coming or a new camera that records grain free? ProRes422? Is it possible to get that?

Please DJI, answer... Thank you!
2015-2-12
Use props
pidetectives.ya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

dimitri.serovat Posted at 2015-2-13 03:19
thanks for your input delas, but i am a film industry professional and trust me, the way the video ...

Dimitri  the inspire is a drone for people getting into air photography (NEWBIS). For the everyday Joe like myself it is a wonderful platform. You as a professional are used to high end cameras that cost thousands of dollars so you see the inspire imperfections more than the average Joe. My personal opinion is the inspire is a great bird that can keep (NEWBIS) learning and having fun.

ps. Hope you don't take my words the wrong way.
2015-2-12
Use props
kgarrison.gmail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI does not discuss upcoming updates or new products...ever. Nothing was announced at CES and the next big announcements will probably be at NAB in April. Until then there is no news. I do think you are not in the majority, I know a handful of video professionals and some like and some dislike the Inspire footage but none of them have complained about heavy grain.
2015-2-12
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

thanks for your input delas, but i am a film industry professional and trust me, the way the video ...

Dimitri, i do Undrestand your point. prores 422 whould be much better but it will never be a7s or bmpcc what so ever. have you tried cineform ?
2015-2-16
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

hi dimitri, even if i am not a full time professional i do know what you are talking about and i totally agree with you.
the good news is that in Holland the dronexperts dot nl are developing  a gimbal for the Samsung nx500 for the inspire 1. the Samsung nx 500 does compressed 4k but is away better than the inspire's 1 camera and of course  the 28 megapixel sensor's images will blow our mind.
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules