4777 12 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d31b435
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4501411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unlike all my other DJI aircraft (Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, Inspire 1, Mavic Pro) - my new Phantom 4 Pro+ (with included display) never took me through any kind of activation process.  I never got to name the aircraft, never had an activation sequence, etc.

While this may seem like a minor thing, I've noticed that I now get crashes when I try to view the flight log.  I think my P4 Pro+ is actually showing in the flight logs as "N/A".

How do I rectify this??  The flight logs are important to me since I'm a Part 107 commercial operator.

I've already tried doing a reset of the display but again, no registration/activation process.

I have confirmed I'm on the latest aircraft AND display/remote software (that was one of my early trouble shooting ideas).

Thoughts?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
2016-12-17
Use props
JMcDonald84
lvl.1

United States

I got my P4P+ a few days ago and it took me through a full activation.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help check the aircraft SN, thanks.
When connecting them properly, and open the DJI GO APP, it does not ask you to active it, right?
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Pro+ and was never given the ability to name it like I did with my Mavic. It's just named Phantom 4 Pro. Is there a way to change this?
2016-12-18
Use props
fans0d31b435
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-18 05:36
Please help check the aircraft SN, thanks.
When connecting them properly, and open the DJI GO APP, it does not ask you to active it, right?

The SN for my Phantom 4 Pro+ is 0AXDDBP0A20019

I have a ticket open with DJI Support.

When I turned on my P4P+ for the very first time, the included display had a screen full of chinese characters.  There's a chance that might have been an attempt at activating the aircraft but since I can't read chinese, I fumbled around until I was able to switch to English.

I also noticed flight logs from test flights probably at the factory.

Seems like there was supposed to be a "reset" of some kind done on my drone to prepare it for the customer that was missed (the "reset" would have deleted the test flight logs and set the controller to English, etc.)

Any help you can provide would be great.  I was hoping maybe there could be a file I could download and run off the SD card to "reset" the aircraft so it'd start over with the Activation sequence.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0d31b435 Posted at 2016-12-20 11:24
The SN for my Phantom 4 Pro+ is 0AXDDBP0A20019

I have a ticket open with DJI Support.

Would you please try to upgrade both AC and RC firstly?
You can connect aircraft to a PC with assistant 2 installed then upgrade it, please refer to the tutorial:
For the remote, please download the file on DJI website, and upgrade it via SD card:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ntom+4+Pro+Plus.pdf

2016-12-20
Use props
iflyskyhawks
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-20 05:37
Would you please try to upgrade both AC and RC firstly?
You can connect aircraft to a PC with assistant 2 installed then upgrade it, please refer to the tutorial:
For the remote, please download the file on DJI website, and upgrade it via SD card:

Unless a firmware update happened in the last couple of days, updating the firmware on the aircraft and remote/display was one of the first things I did.  
Display/RC is on version 1.1.1.1 and aircraft on V01.01.0203.

DJI Tahoe Ed Windham helped me on Facebook and confirmed I was on the latest aircraft and remote/display firmware.

Thanks for continuing to look into this.  I'd love to get this resolved so I can start enjoying the amazing display and camera on this P4 Pro + (and know my flight logs are working, etc. because the system knows the aircraft is activated).

2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

iflyskyhawks Posted at 2016-12-20 20:01
Unless a firmware update happened in the last couple of days, updating the firmware on the aircraft and remote/display was one of the first things I did.  
Display/RC is on version 1.1.1.1 and aircraft on V01.01.0203.

Just to clarify, you can used the aircraft properly without any issue, right?
If in that case, please do not worry about it.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-18 22:06
I have the Pro+ and was never given the ability to name it like I did with my Mavic. It's just named Phantom 4 Pro. Is there a way to change this?

You should see an option in the General Settings section of the Go App to rename your aircraft.
2016-12-21
Use props
iflyskyhawks
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-21 02:12
You should see an option in the General Settings section of the Go App to rename your aircraft.

Unfortunately, that is an iOS only feature under the DEVICE line item.  That line item does not exist on the Android version and the Pro+ uses the Android OS.  
2016-12-21
Use props
iflyskyhawks
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 01:56
Just to clarify, you can used the aircraft properly without any issue, right?
If in that case, please do not worry about it.

Is there anyway to temporarily hook-up an iPad to the Pro+ controller and use the iOS version of the DJI GO App to give the drone a name?  I'm just concerned about the fact that I sometimes see "N/A" for the drone in the flight logs.

Logging flights is important since I'm a commercial operator.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the drone itself seems to be operating well.  I just wish I could add this drone properly to the 4-5 other DJI drones I use to keep my logging accurate and easy to follow for compliance, retrieval, etc.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

iflyskyhawks Posted at 2016-12-22 05:37
Is there anyway to temporarily hook-up an iPad to the Pro+ controller and use the iOS version of the DJI GO App to give the drone a name?  I'm just concerned about the fact that I sometimes see "N/A" for the drone in the flight logs.

Logging flights is important since I'm a commercial operator.

We've reported this case and will get back to you once i get a answer, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansf56dd755
lvl.1
Flight distance : 409744 ft
Spain

Hi, same problem here. Just bought it yesterday, did the RC firmware update with the bin file through the SD car and local update through the tablet app (pro +). Then start the aircraft and just flash two leds ( of two of the four arms/motors), then it does not ask for activate or register the aircraft, and finally fully charged batteries appear like RED 0% NA, not recognized when in camera mode..... any help?
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules