ADVICE NEEDED ON FPV GLASSES
2289 9 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all.

I've made around 50 flights with my V2+ now without any issues at all. Really enjoying it, but notice that what I believe I'm capturing from looking at the live feed to my phone doesn't add up to what I see when watching back home on my pc. I know that the quality is always going to be massively better on the pc, but what about the difference in the actual shot?

I've fiddled around with all the video and camera settings, wide screen, narrow screen etc, but when I line up a shot whilst flying with the thing I'm shooting (say a church in this example) taking the whole screen I find when at home the camera actually got a much wider view, with objects to each side of the church clearly visible.

My questions are:

A. Will a pair of FPV glasses give me a better idea of exactly what the camera is seeing/recording?

B. Are FPV glasses simple to connect and use?

C. Do you guys have any recommendations on which ones are good?

Price wise, I'd rather spend a few quid (Dollars for the Americans!) and get good quality ones that perform well and that I can still use when I upgrade my drone.

Cheers in advance, Liam. Bournemouth UK

2015-2-12
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I am in Poole, can't answer your question, but just wanted to say hello as since I have been flying over the last 6 months I have yet to see another Phantom in the wild....
2015-2-12
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

OK I will hazard a guess that the FOV of 110 degrees while recording and displaying on your screen does not match up exactly with the 5mm lens for stills (as reported in the data file), but maybe someone can tell us for sure.
2015-2-12
Use props
liamallen1973.y
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi John,

Was over your neck of the woods at the weekend doing some shots over Poole Harbour! Will keep and eye out for you. I've not seen anyone else 'in the wild' yet but do seem to attract a lot of attention from onlookers on my own lol.

2015-2-12
Use props
siweckipawel.gm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

HI, flying with FPV glasses is a quite good experience. It is very simpe to use.

Take Flysight Spexman SX01 googles, it is all in one googles with forehead camera (so you can check what is going on outside), built in diversity Receivers, and HDMI input.

From Flysight maker of the most popular black pearl monitor here comes the FPV goggles using the same components

Features:

PIP Function makes you watch your wireless video feed while seeing in front of you with the integrated camera
    Front Camera with wide view angle
    Support HDMI1.3 input(Max 1920x1080p/60Hz)
    Dual high sensitivity diversity receiving function
    Support Next-Wave&Air-wave VTX without distorted picture
    Multi Channel Option
    High quality 3D noise reduction
    PPM remotely controls PIP and Front camera
    Support 2S-6S LiPo battery * cable included but you will need to supply your own battery. Connector is JST
    Battery reminder in the menu
    Support interpupillary distance (IPD):59.5-69.5 mm (Adjustable)
    Cool & Futurist design

Technical Data:

Display
FOV: 30Degree (Diagonal)
Resolution: 854X480(WVGA)
Luminance: 350cd/㎡
Interpupillary Distance (IPD):59.5-69.5 mm (Adjustable)
Wireless Receiver
ISM Frequency: 5.8G
Sensitivity: -90dBm±1dBm
Channel: 32Channel ( 4 Band X 8 Channel )
Antenna Port: 2 X SMA,50ohm
Diversity receiving: Antenna diversity
TV System: NTSC/PAL
Interface
AV IN(Φ3.5,4p): Video、Stereo Audio input
HDMI IN(C Type): Support HDMI 1.3 Digital Input, Support HDMI Audio in
DIV AV : Diversity receiving, Video、Audio output
EAR OUT(Φ3.5,3p): Stereo 16Ω/150mW
PPM IN(Φ3.5,3p): Support 8 channel PPM IN
Front Camera
FOV:100 degrees (Diagonal)
Resolution:640X480(VGA)
Power Supply
DC IN: 7~28V/ 1A
Consumption: : 6.8W/12V
Dimensions:: 169X70X42mm(not include prominent part)
Working Temperature : -10℃~+65℃

2015-2-12
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

liamallen1973, I've never used these myself, but some people are using the Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses with Phantoms:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=NA4YUKS6Z6DHNU22
2015-2-12
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

siweckipawel.gm Posted at 2015-2-13 03:19
HI, flying with FPV glasses is a quite good experience. It is very simpe to use.

Take Flysight Spex ...

5.8GHz is used for control on the Vision +.
So don't try and use these...
2015-2-12
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

Our UK friend Simon Newton and his 'on the kitchen table' YouTube channel has done a review of the Epson Moverio with the Vision +.
Watch it http://youtu.be/l2tHGIBLFkI
2015-2-12
Use props
gdehandtschutte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I use a Zeiss cinimizer for Fpv flying. The overall view is much better than when using your smartphone. It's easy to use unlike the Movero. I was interested in that model but unfortunately it can only be bought online in Belgium.
The only tricky thing when flying with goggles is when the connection with the camera is broken. Since you have no overview on the situation wearing goggles you have to react fast by taking of the goggles and find you bird before something goed wrong. Happend to me once. But on the other hand it's much more fun flying.
2015-2-12
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
United Kingdom

That's one of the advantages of the Moverio glasses, you can still look through them and keep an eye on your bird, so no need for a separate spotter if you want to stay within the rules in the UK.
Not that I have any interest in flying with FPV glasses, but just sharing the information.
2015-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules