Landing gear problems
1510 29 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi I have a problem with my inspire landing gear,when I set it to travel mode,it quite often carries on going until the body hits the ground and the legs come off the ground, it then reverse and go's back to legs down.
It doesn't seem to make a difference on any surface, I have to tern it on and of or move it around to get it to work.
Can anyone help. Thanks Gordon.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Gordon, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Please make a short video of this issue if convenient.
2016-12-19
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Inspect the VPS, that is what determines the amount of travel in the landing gear .  Make sure you are on a hard level surface, like a hardwood floor for example.  does the VPS give  accurate data from 10 feet to the ground ?  if not the VPS sensor may be defective , make sure it is enabled in the go App settings as well.  Let me know what you find out regarding the values presented from 10 feet down to the ground. VPS data is on the bottom of the Go app main screen.

donnie
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, does it look like it's trying to come down unevenly?
2016-12-19
Use props
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-19 13:20
Just to clarify, does it look like it's trying to come down unevenly?

Hi bud, No it all comes down normal, just sometimes gos past the storage level.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-19 04:00
Hello Gordon, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Please make a short video of this issue if convenient.

Hi there, it's all up to date, the next time it' dus it, I will get a video of it, thanks. G
2017-1-4
Use props
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-19 05:36
Inspect the VPS, that is what determines the amount of travel in the landing gear .  Make sure you are on a hard level surface, like a hardwood floor for example.  does the VPS give  accurate data from 10 feet to the ground ?  if not the VPS sensor may be defective , make sure it is enabled in the go App settings as well.  Let me know what you find out regarding the values presented from 10 feet down to the ground. VPS data is on the bottom of the Go app main screen.

Hi Donnie, the landing gear always comes down OK when I'm approaching the ground after a flight at about 10 to 6 ft off.
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans3c8f0426 Posted at 2017-1-4 08:07
Hi Donnie, the landing gear always comes down OK when I'm approaching the ground after a flight at about 10 to 6 ft off.

If it happens again let us know .

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans3c8f0426 Posted at 2017-1-4 07:57
Hi bud, No it all comes down normal, just sometimes gos past the storage level.

Do you happen to recall what kind of surfaces you would try this on when it starts to overshoot like that, since it seems to be random?
2017-1-4
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

Was flying for the first time today. Fortunately was flying without X5S. When i was going to land, landing gear started to descend and stuck on travel position. Have landed sucesfully. Had to power off and on the Inspire and everyting works good. But after that it happed again when i was flying and wanted to land.

Have tried to disable all obstacle avoidance fetuers but it didnt help.
2017-1-5
Use props
MHM2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176565 ft
United Kingdom

I had a problem with my landing gear going "past" the travel mode too but found that if I placed an A4 piece of white plain paper under the VPS it works every time.
It's never failed to work since doing this. Just means that you have to carry some paper around with you!
:-)
2017-1-5
Use props
Craignos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5574954 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After a couple flight with my Ins2 over snow, I had the same prob over snow. Landing gear comes down only about 25% of the full travel.
2017-1-5
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

was contacting DJI support and they said i should do firmware update. So i connected Inspire to PC, downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and updated the aircraft, How it wont happen again.
2017-1-5
Use props
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-4 14:42
Do you happen to recall what kind of surfaces you would try this on when it starts to overshoot like that, since it seems to be random?

I tried it on multiple surfaces and had the problem, but eventually it just works.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans3c8f0426
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MHM2016 Posted at 2017-1-5 12:01
I had a problem with my landing gear going "past" the travel mode too but found that if I placed an A4 piece of white plain paper under the VPS it works every time.
It's never failed to work since doing this. Just means that you have to carry some paper around with you!
:-)

I will give it a go, thanks.
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans3c8f0426 Posted at 2017-1-7 03:47
I will give it a go, thanks.

Please keep us posted.
2017-1-10
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Will do Jamie
I haven't been out with it for a while, been working away, can I trouble you with a new question, I got myself a second controller, for someone else to control the camera will I fly, but when I fly on my own, my iPad mini 4 doesn't record my flights, is this because I have linked the second controller, it's all switched on in my go app and the firmware is all up to date. It loges my flight, just not the video.
Thanks Gordon
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-2-13 06:25
Will do Jamie
I haven't been out with it for a while, been working away, can I trouble you with a new question, I got myself a second controller, for someone else to control the camera will I fly, but when I fly on my own, my iPad mini 4 doesn't record my flights, is this because I have linked the second controller, it's all switched on in my go app and the firmware is all up to date. It loges my flight, just not the video.
Thanks Gordon

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you're not seeing either cached video or does it not show where pictures/video were taken in the app's flight record? This is while you're still flying as a single operator or just when you're flying dual?
2017-2-13
Use props
CCPTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296575 ft
Panama

Hello, has anyone encounter problems with landing gear after latest FW update?  On Jan 31, 2017, I ran latest FW update and next day used the Inpire 1. First flight ok. Second flight, when time to land, landing gear did not go down. Had to catch it in mid air. The servo sounds like it is working, but the worm screw bearly moves. I actually have to hold off the ground the Inspiere by the canopy in order for the legs to go down. Is there a way to secure the worm screw to the servo mechanism? Seems like if the screew is lose. Thanks for your comments in advance. Regards.  
2017-2-13
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-13 15:19
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you're not seeing either cached video or does it not show where pictures/video were taken in the app's flight record? This is while you're still flying as a single operator or just when you're flying dual?

I'm getting a live video wile I'm flying, but when I finish flying,it hasent been saved on the tablet, as I say, I have it switched on in the app,  I was thinking of removing the app on the tablet and then reload it, or un bind the Inspire with the second controller, to see if that works.
Regards G
2017-2-14
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-13 15:19

I'm getting a live video wile I'm flying, but when I finish flying,it hasent been saved on the tablet, as I say, I have it switched on in the app,  I was thinking of removing the app on the tablet and then reload it, or un bind the Inspire with the second controller, to see if that works.
Regards G
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-2-14 01:33
Regards G

You can give that a try for further troubleshooting. When the slave RC isn't in use, the cached video should show up on the master mobile device. Do you have plenty of space on that tablet? Do you have clear caching enabled after a certain amount of GB?
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

CCPTY Posted at 2017-2-13 19:23
Hello, has anyone encounter problems with landing gear after latest FW update?  On Jan 31, 2017, I ran latest FW update and next day used the Inpire 1. First flight ok. Second flight, when time to land, landing gear did not go down. Had to catch it in mid air. The servo sounds like it is working, but the worm screw bearly moves. I actually have to hold off the ground the Inspiere by the canopy in order for the legs to go down. Is there a way to secure the worm screw to the servo mechanism? Seems like if the screew is lose. Thanks for your comments in advance. Regards.

Just to clarify, did this only happen when the unit is expected to auto revert to landing mode, or does that happen when done manually as well?
2017-2-14
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 13:28
You can give that a try for further troubleshooting. When the slave RC isn't in use, the cached video should show up on the master mobile device. Do you have plenty of space on that tablet? Do you have clear caching enabled after a certain amount of GB?

It's not got a massive hard drive, but it's only used for my Inspire, I have 8gb free and I have set the coach for 4gb and the coach is empty and it's set to remove the oldest videos automatically., I think I will remove the app and reloaded.
Thanks G
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-2-15 10:03
It's not got a massive hard drive, but it's only used for my Inspire, I have 8gb free and I have set the coach for 4gb and the coach is empty and it's set to remove the oldest videos automatically., I think I will remove the app and reloaded.
Thanks G

Give that a shot and let me know if it persists. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, this is happening when you're flying single and not dual, right?
2017-2-15
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-15 13:56
Give that a shot and let me know if it persists. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, this is happening when you're flying single and not dual, right?

Hi Jamie
Yes when I'm flying single, I re loaded the app, and it still doesn't record the flight to the go app automatically, I have to play it and then download it, to get it, is this a new thing, becas it use to capture a video of the flight automatically.
Regards G
2017-2-16
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-15 13:56

Hi Jamie
Yes when I'm flying single, I re loaded the app, and it still doesn't record the flight to the go app automatically, I have to play it and then download it, to get it, is this a new thing, becas it use to capture a video of the flight automatically.
Regards G
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-2-16 01:10
Hi Jamie
Regards G

That's odd, and you've checked the Editor section of the Go app to see if the videos populate there? You should be able to check iTunes on your computer just to make sure they don't save in the iOS' equivalence of the Go app's DCIM folder as well. If caching is on, then the videos should be there.
2017-2-16
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 10:20
That's odd, and you've checked the Editor section of the Go app to see if the videos populate there? You should be able to check iTunes on your computer just to make sure they don't save in the iOS' equivalence of the Go app's DCIM folder as well. If caching is on, then the videos should be there.

Hi Jamie
Some information just to let you know, my brother just bought an iPad mini to run the go app for his Phantom advanced and he doesn't get a copy of what he is recording on his iPad nether.
However, I recently bought a Mavic pro that uses the new go app and that dose record all my flights automatically, it must be a problem with the old app and the iPad, when using the Inspire 1 or the Phantom 3 range.
Thanks Gordon
2017-5-16
Use props
CCPTY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296575 ft
Panama

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 14:15
Just to clarify, did this only happen when the unit is expected to auto revert to landing mode, or does that happen when done manually as well?

Hi, sorry for late reply. Happened in both situations. Sadly I had to let it go... Refused to spend almost $400 for the replacement part knowing that the bird had  only about 35 flights.  
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules