DJI Phantom First Flight Video Help!!
662 3 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nyterider
New

Canada

This is my first flight with the DJI Pantom Standard equipped with 2.7K camera. I know the editing is bad but I just wanted to get some feedback from people without uploading the whole video so I edited quickly and poorly lol. I am not a photographer and not experienced at all with drones so I was just wondering if any of you guys had any tips for best camera settings for video. Is it best to leave the camera settings on auto or should I use manual and adjust to the suroundings? Last, is it possible to take video at night. Thanks in advance!!!!

2016-12-18
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

In my experience the camera has been very good at choosing the correct camera settings for my surroundings, although I do have experience with cameras and their variables I don't see a need in adjusting the settings. Although, you might be able to achieve certain photos that the drone may not do on its own, either way I would recommend reading up on all the different settings and what they mean as it can be rather useful outside of drone flying. One thing I would recommend in for when you are looking to get good video is to try not to film things with tons of smaller detail, such as all those trees, the reason you shouldn't film this is bitrate, please watch this video in order to understand bitrate.   And also, if you are going to shoot a video with the sun or some other bright light source in the scene, and the rest of the scene is not nearly as lit up, it is going to focus on the light source, and underexpose the rest of the scene, which is what happens with the sky in your video.
2017-1-2
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

I use "Vivid" setting and the colour is great!
2017-1-2
Use props
Matt5968
New

United States

How did you add music to video.. thanks Alex
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules