P3P Photo/Video Switching
1208 12 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

Today while flying I attempted to shoot video, but was only able to take still images. On the 'GO' app I tried to select the video icon which is located right-next to the camera icon, but wasn't able to initiate it. Is there another way to activate the video selection? I've previously taken video successfully, and haven't noticed this issue before.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

desertrose

2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know how long you've owned it? when trying to switch to video recording, it does not response, right?
What mobile device you are using? and how about the APP version?
You noticed that after a firmware upgrading or something else?
When pressing the record button on remote, it acts the same?
Please check the SD card or format it, then check again.
2016-12-18
Use props
Making Memories
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206030 ft
United States

Also, I have had some small issues. Being a new drone operator, I have found that the larger button below the camera and video is the one that actually switches  between functions. Make sure your not shooting video and trying to switch,  Best of flights. Stay in the air.
2016-12-19
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 15:43
May I know how long you've owned it? when trying to switch to video recording, it does not response, right?

Natalia- I've had it for three weeks, but only first used it less than two-weeks ago. I'm using the LG Stylo 2 Plus cellphone along with Go app version 3.1.1 (567). I upgraded the firmware before my maiden flight as directed by dji instructions, and shot video successfully on four previous occasions.

Thanks,
desertrose
2016-12-19
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 15:43

Natalia- I've had it for three weeks, but only first used it less than two-weeks ago. I'm using my LG Stylo 2 Plus cellphone along with Go app version 3.1.1 (567). I upgraded the firmware before my maiden flight as directed by dji instructions, and shot video successfully on four previous occasions. I hadn't considered using the record button on the RC as I've never used it previously, and the photos taken during the flight were intact on the sd card.

Thanks in advance,
desertrose
2016-12-19
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

Making Memories Posted at 2016-12-20 08:48
Also, I have had some small issues. Being a new drone operator, I have found that the larger button below the camera and video is the one that actually switches  between functions. Make sure your not shooting video and trying to switch,  Best of flights. Stay in the air.

Making Memories-Thanks for the heads-up. I'll give it a try the next time the winds permit me to fly.

Thanks for the advice...
desertrose
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Desertrose Posted at 2016-12-20 15:37
Natalia- I've had it for three weeks, but only first used it less than two-weeks ago. I'm using my LG Stylo 2 Plus cellphone along with Go app version 3.1.1 (567). I upgraded the firmware before my maiden flight as directed by dji instructions, and shot video successfully on four previous occasions. I hadn't considered using the record button on the RC as I've never used it previously, and the photos taken during the flight were intact on the sd card.

Thanks in advance,

Please try all the methods we mentioned, and keep us posted, thanks.If problem persists, it's appreciated if you can upload a short video.
2016-12-20
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-20 19:57
Please try all the methods we mentioned, and keep us posted, thanks.If problem persists, it's appreciated if you can upload a short video.

Natalia-I definitely will, on the next opportunity I get to fly which I hope to be tomorrow. I'm still surprised that I didn't think to try the 'record' button on the RC...

Thanks again,
desertrose
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Desertrose Posted at 2016-12-21 09:31
Natalia-I definitely will, on the next opportunity I get to fly which I hope to be tomorrow. I'm still surprised that I didn't think to try the 'record' button on the RC...

Thanks again,

That is another option to test it which does good to locate the issue. If it's caused by product faulty, we'd love to help you handle it.
Besides, LG Stylo 2 Plus is not in DJI recommended list, it's better to have a try with another compatible device.
Thank you so much for your support and look forward hearing the test performance.
2016-12-21
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to all who replied to my post regarding the issue that I had switching from Photo to Video. I had the opportunity to fly today, and the toggle switched effortlessly between the two. I gain a little more confidence in the P3P with every flight.

Much appreciated,

desertrose
2016-12-25
Use props
NewPro4user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro sometimes after hitting video record button or taking a picture the image stays on the screen of my tablet. So I can not see a live view of what the camera is seeing. Only, the way that I've found to get back to live view is to go in like I want to view the recording and then come back out and all is well. Any idea's what could be causing this? It's an Android tablet Samsung Tab 8 latest operating system installed.
2016-12-25
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to reopen the app
2017-1-4
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

NewPro4user Posted at 2016-12-25 20:33
My Phantom 4 Pro sometimes after hitting video record button or taking a picture the image stays on the screen of my tablet. So I can not see a live view of what the camera is seeing. Only, the way that I've found to get back to live view is to go in like I want to view the recording and then come back out and all is well. Any idea's what could be causing this? It's an Android tablet Samsung Tab 8 latest operating system installed.

Sorry to hear about the anomaly you're having with your Samsung Tab, have you noticed any other issues while using the "GO" app? My wife just purchased the same device to use while flying my P3P, and it's been flawless in every respect so-far. Hopefully it was a one-time experience and it won't interfere with any future flights.

Happy landing,
desertrose
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules