2016-12-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Beninspain Posted at 2016-12-19 16:10
Great Job, I hope DJI are taking notes.

its not mine video I just post here to share it I might do this to my dome protector because it does show effect way of protection in some what and it takes out some glare but this is the ideal way to have protection and airflow of the mavic.
2016-12-19
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, that's a great video. Since you can still put the flexible cover over it, it still works for protecting it during transport.

I hope the DJI engineers see this video. They should at least consider it as a design change. It might even protect the gimbal in some crashes.
2016-12-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-12-19 17:45
Yeah, that's a great video. Since you can still put the flexible cover over it, it still works for protecting it during transport.

I hope the DJI engineers see this video. They should at least consider it as a design change. It might even protect the gimbal in some crashes.

I think so too, I will probably do what this person did in the video even though I don't have the proper tools but I will ask a friend to do it for me since he has a dremel to do the cutting out and then sanding it down to make the rest of the cover opaque and paint it completely black it does show the effect second video how it does not glare at all.
2016-12-19
Use props
RoryM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291106 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice! I probably wont make one myself as I don't have the tools but will be keeping an eye out for similar products to purchase!
2016-12-19
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice idea and very neat, I would have cut it out with a fien multi tool or simalar as I think it would be neater and easier
2016-12-19
Use props
1sang
lvl.2

Canada

I would definitely buy one if someone made it for sale.
2016-12-19
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

For once I've got all the tools to make something I've seen in a video.

This looks good. I bet DJI will put up the price of gimbal covers if this catches on. :p
2016-12-19
Use props
Babbster
lvl.1

United States

Awesome, I'm going to order an extra gimbal cover and do this! Thanks for the info.
2016-12-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Babbster Posted at 2016-12-20 04:19
Awesome, I'm going to order an extra gimbal cover and do this! Thanks for the info.

your welcome
2016-12-20
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-12-19 10:41
For once I've got all the tools to make something I've seen in a video.

This looks good. I bet DJI will put up the price of gimbal covers if this catches on. :p

Or use saw blades
2016-12-20
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

That actually a very good idea! Wow.

I'm waiting for some nd filters and some mentioned that the filters helps with the flares.

I might have to give this a try if the nd filters don't help.  Thanks.
2016-12-20
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Nice idea.  I wonder if it is likely to come off in the wind.  Or worse, if it causes the Mavic to struggle in high wind.  
2016-12-20
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I made a small sunshdae out of some wide electrical tape that i folded and then secured into a loop. by cutting some small wedges at the corners the flaps are able to bend freely durring initialization without impeding or overloading the gimbal motors.Seems to work well so far.

I have also taped some small pieces of ND film over the lens to cut a few stops of light. it's low grade plastic film though so it creates a bit of a soft diffusion effect.
I actually kind of like the way it glows the hilights in certain situations.

This will have to do until my PolarPro cinema series filters arrive. I might have to rethink my sunshade with those fitted..

Sunshade.jpg
2016-12-20
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Someone needs to design one for printing on a 3D printer.
2016-12-20
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Completed my mod.  Thanks
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules