Shipping a DJI Phantom 4
1005 2 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans14d00d5c
New

Mexico

Hi guys, I'm seeking a little advice as what I have found so far is a little vague surrounding my current situation.

I'm currently in Mexico after travelling from a vacation in Cuba. My initial plan was to head back to the UK for Christmas but I've instead decided to stay in Mexico for a few months! Anyway, when I left for Cuba, I left my drone at home. Now I would like to ship it to Mexico in order to use it here but I understand there are some regulations regarding the shipment of batteries. As I understand, shipping Lion batteries like the ones found in the phantom 4 on their own, is permitted, but are subjected to strict regulations regarding their shipment. So for that reason, I have decided to leave the spare batteries at home, and instead ask a family member to send the phantom 4 in its case, with the single battery attached to the aircraft, fully discharged, along with my laptop in the same shipment box.

From what I read, this shouldn't be a problem. However, before I book the shipment, I wanted to seek your advice as what I'm reading mainly concerns the shipment of lion batteries on their own. The last thing I want is it to be stopped at customs and sent back. I would love to send it with the spare batteries, however, I feel that with me currently being in Mexico, it really isn't worth the risk.

Thanks

Chris

2016-12-19
Use props
fans14d00d5c
New

Mexico

Anyone!? ;)
2016-12-22
Use props
Grubko00
lvl.1

Poland

If you have problems with shipping, maybe it would be wise to try list your drone and the batteries on http://clicktrans.com/. This way, you only list all the items you want to shipp and wait for quotes. With proper describtion you will see if there are any problems with the content or not. And you will be able to choose transport provider, so you can save some cash as well
2016-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules