Really need Assistant 2 ?
2275 18 2016-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adugan1
lvl.1
United States

I've been trying to get the DJI Assistant 2 to work with my Mac Mini pc,it has Mac OS X Snowleopard 10.6.8. I just tried the new version recently put on the Phantom 4 download page,but still does'nt work.When I click on the Assistant (located in my Applications) icon it just blips for a brief second,then disappears,nothing happens.
Do I really need Assistant 2.What if I do need  a calibration? How would I now?

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We can upgrade firmware or calibrate vision positioning system via Assistant.
You downloaded V1.0.8 and can install it properly on your MAC, but fail to run it, right?
Please check the anti-virus or firewalls on your MAC, delete the assistant then install it again.
2016-12-19
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 22:57
You downloaded V1.0.8 and can install it properly on your MAC, but fail to run it, right?
Please check the anti-virus or firewalls on your MAC, delete the assistant then install it again.

DJI Natalia:

I'm currently on DJI Assistant 2 version 1.0.7.

Does version 1.0.8 make any adjustments to the vision system calibration system such that the continual Vision System Error that I receive on my P4 might be corrected? This error has been ever-present since the day I purchased the P4 (October 2016). It comes and goes, about 50% of the flights, often within 5 minutes of a flight.

Might recalibrating using 1.0.8 make a difference?

Thanks.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-20
Use props
adugan1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 22:57

I have firewall shut off,no anti virus.
I tried deleting and re installing versions (for MAC) approx a dozen times'
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-21 03:33
DJI Natalia:

I'm currently on DJI Assistant 2 version 1.0.7.

Just to clarify, when calibrating VPS through the Assistant 2, it can be done successfully, right?
The aircraft is up to date?
How about the environment when you get the error message during flight?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adugan1 Posted at 2016-12-21 10:08
I have firewall shut off,no anti virus.
I tried deleting and re installing versions (for MAC) approx a dozen times'

May I know it's convenient for your to install it on your PC?
Would you please record a short video showing the issue? we'll help you check it and try to figure it out.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you trying to open it via the Finder or the Launchpad?
2016-12-21
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 02:13
Just to clarify, when calibrating VPS through the Assistant 2, it can be done successfully, right?
The aircraft is up to date?
How about the environment when you get the error message during flight?

DJI Natalia:

1: Successful calibration each time using Assistant 1.6 and later using 1.7. Never failed VPS calibration.
2: Both AC and RC are Up to date. Successful flights using DJI Go and now, DJI Go 4. Never crashed.
3: Either sunny or cloudy, winds below 10 knots, open field testing. Only brown and green patchy grassland. No water. No obstructions. Moderate air temperatures, usually between 50 and 65 F degrees. Low humidity.

Vision system error occurs about 75% chance upon starting AC, during warmup. If this happens, I restart the AC, one or two times, before Vision System error vanishes.

If/when I take-off without the Vision system error, it typically (re)occurs about 3 to 5 minutes into flight, for no easily discernible reason, no pattern apparent. Occasionally I thought it occurred when I flew toward the sun, but when I activate it, as it's warming up, it always faces away from the sun. Further, the error occurs on cloudy days as well, both during warmup and (if not during warmup), several minutes into a flight.

If a Vision System error happens during flight, craft wavers and will not remain stable during landing. AC gently bounces on landing, 2 or three times, about a half-inch back up each time, before coming to rest.

Without the error, landing is smooth and straight down, without waver. Ground contact is once. No bouncing.

Out of 60+ flights, I estimate that I have experienced a Vision System Error on 40-45, roughly 75% of those 60+ flights.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this matter.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-22 13:12
DJI Natalia:

1: Successful calibration each time using Assistant 1.6 and later using 1.7. Never failed VPS calibration.

Thanks so much for the details.
Would you please export the flight data and vision module data through the Assistant 2 when you got the error message?
If you have the video recorded at the same time, please upload it to dropbox as well.
2016-12-22
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-23 01:33
Thanks so much for the details.
Would you please export the flight data and vision module data through the Assistant 2 when you got the error message?
If you have the video recorded at the same time, please upload it to dropbox as well.

DJI-Natalia:

Regarding your request for information about the Vision System Errors:

I believe I've uploaded the data from today's flights, via Assistant 2 (v8), but I did not have, nor include a case number. Instead, I used "DJI-Natalia" in the case number text box. It displayed a red X after the send flight information completed ??

Where is the DJI dropbox option for the flight's video, which you requested. I looked over the website for a link and could not find one. Does it use the same location in which the flight and vision module files are compressed?

Today was typical of this particular Phantom 4's behavior:

1 1st battery, start up, warm up, vision system error, ready to fly; shut down. Restart.
2 1st battery, restart, warm up, ready to fly, takeoff, fly around, vision system error, land, shut down.
3 1st battery, restart, warm up, ready to fly, takeoff, fly around, VSE, fly w/o VS, land, shut down.
4 2nd battery, (same as #1 above)
5 2nd battery, (same as #3 above)
6 3rd battery, (same as #3 above)

The flight (#2 above) started at 1540 EST and lasted 3 minutes. The VSE occured between 1:07 and 1:17, when the AC had reached 92 feet. I watched it hover steady, then suddenly shudder and shiver, losing it's VSE stability (I think), I looked down to see the Vision System Error on screen. I descended the AC at 1:17, right after the error occurred, and landed. Shut down the AC, restarted the AC and flew #3 above.

In 2 startups (#1 and #4), the VSE occurs before takeoff, before warmup is complete. When this occurs, I do not take off; instead I abort, I shut down and then restart.

In all 4 flights today(#2, #3, #5 an #6), a VSE occurred sometime after takeoff, during standard flight, causing a visible shudder/shiver of the AC when the VSE occurs. Afterward, the AC is less stable at all altitudes, even more unstable near the ground, indicative of a failure of the vision system. Also, before the VSE occurs, the green collision avoidance lines sporadically appear and disappear, when there's no obstacle to be found within 100 yards of the AC (My guess: This error appears to be caused by a either a software glitch or a hardware open/short circuit, either one causing a flag to be thrown(raised) under false pretenses-an aeronautical false alarm. Either that, or the VS has the ability to see ghosts).

During the 3 minute flight(#3above), the camera never faced the sun. It was mostly cloudy, 68 degrees F, winds less than 6 knots, slight humidity, open field, brown grass and dirt below.

Latest AC and RC firmware versions. Controlled with DJI Go 4.0, using Samsung SM-T337a tablet, Android version 5.1.1

No crashes or hard landings, in 79 flights (and counting).

Thank you for taking a serious look into this. Let me know where to access the DJI dropbox, so that I can send the video file of the flight.

(Also, I've answered your questions in reply using this thread, but I fear I've come perilously near the hijack boundary. Let me know if I need to start a new one.)

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-28 13:34
DJI-Natalia:

Regarding your request for information about the Vision System Errors:

Here is a tutorial for yoru reference to export the flight data and vision moduel data.
If you are not able to upload to the dropbox, please send e-mail with the file attached to support@dji.com, we'll help you check it.

2016-12-27
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:30
Here is a tutorial for yoru reference to export the flight data and vision moduel data.
If you are not able to upload to the dropbox, please send e-mail with the file attached to support@dji.com, we'll help you check it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

DJI-Natalia:

Both files are sent to support@dji.com.

Thanks.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-28 09:37
DJI-Natalia:

Both files are sent to .

May I know your ticket number, please?
2016-12-29
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 03:46
May I know your ticket number, please?

DJI-Natalia:

Ticket number 377249 (flight data .DAT file) and 377265 (video .MP4 file, taken during #2 flight).

Thanks.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Augustus Brian Posted at 2016-12-29 05:35
DJI-Natalia:

Ticket number 377249 (flight data .DAT file) and 377265 (video .MP4 file, taken during #2 flight).

Our support has replied your e-mail and will help you take care of the case.
2016-12-30
Use props
PressPlay video
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Phantom 4
DJI Assistant 2 version 1.8.0
Why do I have to lean aircraft 35 degrees down when the calibration sensor?
When I get straight to the screen image is tilted about 35 degrees and then I have to lean aircraft.
Is it ok?
Thanks
2017-1-1
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-30 02:25
Our support has replied your e-mail and will help you take care of the case.

DJI-Natalia:

Thank you for handling this case. I was in fact contacted by DJI support in China, which then handed the case off to DJI America service center. They will likely contact me shortly.

But:

I last used Assistant 1.7 to calibrate my Phantom 4 Vision System. Since then, Assistant version 1.8 has been released, including what seems to be a major change to the VS Calibration routines.

My question is: Should I try re-calibrating with 1.8 to see if the Vision System Error that my Phantom 4 is suffering from is resolved, assuming your engineers have made some fine tuning adjustments to the calibrator?

From reading other forum posts, the 1.8 CS calibration is a bit more finicky than it was in 1.7 and prior versions. Could this be to my Phantom 4's benefit? Or were the changes made only to resolve issues with Assistant's use of customers' display monitors?

Thank you in advance,

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PressPlay video Posted at 2017-1-1 02:13
Phantom 4
DJI Assistant 2 version 1.8.0
Why do I have to lean aircraft 35 degrees down when the calibration sensor?

Here is the tutorial for your reference, hope that helps:
2017-1-5
Use props
PressPlay video
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks DJI-Natalia
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules