blurring during camera movement
1147 8 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bphillip28
lvl.1

United States

Hello. I have a new Phantom 4 Pro. Firmware is up to date. I have been able to test it out  three times with a few hours of tests footage, though in overcast skies. In all my footage, that otherwise looks beautiful, I get very noticable blurring with any part of the image that is moving. Yawing the phantom is very blurry at anything other than tripod mode speeds. Once you stop it clears immidiatly. The blurring increases with any increase in relative image speed. I have made no setting changes to the camera since removing from the box. The SD card is an Extreme PRO 64gb San disk.

Is this just a limitation of the frame rate and available light? I'm concerned because I got this to film a boat moving at speed.

I tried to pull some meta data to get you specfics on the camera setting, but in VLC media player on my desktop I only see H264 MPEG-4 AVC 3840x2160. I was expecting to be able to find f stop and iso info.

Bryan
2016-12-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

You are probably seeing the artifacts of the video compression, but I will leave it to someone more knowledgable to comment.
2016-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you want the full information package, download a copy of MediaInfo, it allows you to right-click on the file and show a window of information for that file.
At this time of the year, many people are flying over bare trees with no leaves on them, and they are very difficult to encode using MPEG, so you will see blurred sections in the picture.
2016-12-20
Use props
michandr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 237034 ft
Russia

This might be the very normal to see motion blur if you have long exposure and fast movements.
2016-12-20
Use props
bphillip28
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-20 18:01
If you want the full information package, download a copy of MediaInfo, it allows you to right-click on the file and show a window of information for that file.
At this time of the year, many people are flying over bare trees with no leaves on them, and they are very difficult to encode using MPEG, so you will see blurred sections in the picture.

Thank you. Sounds like I should try some different setting. In this case everything blurs with anything more than the slightest turn rate, conifers, grass and people.

I looked at mediainfo, more info, but still no aperture or iso.
2016-12-20
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

Sounds like your shutter speed is set too low. You want to keep your shutter speed about double your frame rate. Of you are shooting 4k30, your shutter speed should be 1/60.  Anything less may give too much blur during movement.
2016-12-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

juicedrummer Posted at 2016-12-21 15:59
Sounds like your shutter speed is set too low. You want to keep your shutter speed about double your frame rate. Of you are shooting 4k30, your shutter speed should be 1/60.  Anything less may give too much blur during movement.

Spot on.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a sample video?
2016-12-21
Use props
bphillip28
lvl.1

United States

Here is some video from our second flight, an overcast day. I don't know how or if the camera setting can be shown. Next chance I get I'll try the setting others here have suggested. Not sure the best way to share a 29mb file here, but this filedropper seems to work.
http://www.filedropper.com/testblur1
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules