P3S Error will not fly or do anything
1722 14 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MasterPete
New

Australia

Hi i have a problem with my new phantom 3 standard. Just bought it brand new yesterday and i still havent been able to fly it.
Problem is when i got the drone i did everything needed (did the update also) problem now is every 2 secconds theres a loop of two beeps and the rear lights of the drone flashes green, red then yellow.

And with these problems the controller is also giving me problems too.
Error comes up on the top middle of the screen and says main controller dator error.
When i click on that it says "Barometer Error"
I have tried restarting the drone time after time and still nothing.

Not my video but the same thing is happening.

2016-12-21
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

The only thing I can think of is doing a IMU calibration. There are videos that show how to do it. And unless someone else comes up with another plan, my next step would be to take it back for replacement or refund. Something is definitely wrong.
2016-12-21
Use props
MasterPete
New

Australia

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-21 22:16
The only thing I can think of is doing a IMU calibration. There are videos that show how to do it. And unless someone else comes up with another plan, my next step would be to take it back for replacement or refund. Something is definitely wrong.

I take it its not an error much people know of.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

As you can see in the manual, the led status means" Turning on and running self-diagnostic test", which is normal.
Before upgrading the firmware, any error message pop up on the screen?
Would you please make a screenshot of that error?

2016-12-21
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

It's not his video Natalia, he used it as a reference to what is happening to his P3S.
2016-12-21
Use props
MasterPete
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 22:30
As you can see in the manual, the led status means" Turning on and running self-diagnostic test", which is normal.
According to the video, there is a gap between the shells, may I know what happened?
Would you please make a screenshot about the error?

No error at all. I turned on the drone and all was fine till i updated it and now all it does is flash the lights, do beeps and gives error messages. How long does it take for the self-diagnostic because i left the drone on for close to an hour and still does the same thing.
2016-12-21
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

No it doesn't take an hour for sure. Self test and warming could take like 5 minutes altogether if the weather is very cold. Did it finish the update ok? I mean did it say update complete?
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MasterPete Posted at 2016-12-21 19:35
No error at all. I turned on the drone and all was fine till i updated it and now all it does is flash the lights, do beeps and gives error messages. How long does it take for the self-diagnostic because i left the drone on for close to an hour and still does the same thing.

Thanks for the information, may I know what device you're used to upgrade the firmware? it said"Successfully" on the screen?
Would you please format the SD card, delete the app, re-install it, then connect them properly, and check whether you can get it upgraded again?
2016-12-21
Use props
MasterPete
New

Australia

Hi. I used a S7 edge and it did say successfully updated on my phone. Ill try another phone when i get home and i will update after.
2016-12-21
Use props
MasterPete
New

Australia

Same thing as before.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry to hear about that, if the error persists after upgrading again and calibrating IMU, then it needs to be sent in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com and our tech support will help you create a case and guide you to send it in.
2016-12-22
Use props
MasterPete
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-23 17:02
Sorry to hear about that, if the error persists after upgrading again and calibrating IMU, then it needs to be sent in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to  and our tech support will help you create a case and guide you to send it in.

Its all good now i returned it yesterday and got another one. Went for my first flight today and love it.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MasterPete Posted at 2016-12-23 17:47
Its all good now i returned it yesterday and got another one. Went for my first flight today and love it.

Glad to hear about that, enjoy the flight.
Merry Christmas!
2016-12-23
Use props
fansbc434456
lvl.4
Denmark

do an imu calibration
2016-12-25
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

Mine was like this also.  After  upgrading the rc won't start.  After few days it suddenly start,  like it went into hibernation and then woke up.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules