P4P unusual flying
966 6 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I flew the P4P yesterday and had a couple of wierd things, took off flew forwards and when you came to a halt the drone would make a sort of half circle each time, I then noticed there was an error in the sd card, brought the drone back and landed, which was a bit fun because each time you went to hover it would drift in a half circle, I rebooted and then see the sd card showed ok and the drone stopped drifting when flown ?
2016-12-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sounds like compass isn't calibrated right.  Try a complete recal, and re-format the card too.
2016-12-21
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I will do that, was under the impression that you should not calibrate unless it was telling you to in the menu ? I did a compass calibration when they fixed the IMU problem
2016-12-21
Use props
Paulemus
New

United States

Be sure to take off from non metallic surface.  Concrete has rebar mesh.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Snowwolfwarrior, please test more and if there's any issue, feel free to let me know.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-22 00:09
I will do that, was under the impression that you should not calibrate unless it was telling you to in the menu ? I did a compass calibration when they fixed the IMU problem

I would try an IMU calibration first, and then another compass calibration. It could be that you might gave gotten a bad compass calibration from the last time you did it. Please try Paulemus's advice as well.
2016-12-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The SD card has no effectr on the flight of the aircraft.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules