Phantom 4 range cut
1084 7 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyscanr 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175443 ft
United States

I know that with the new software upgrade the range of my phantom has been cut by at least half.  I know this to be fact as in fly line f sight I can not fly the same routes that I have flown before.

Does anybody know why they did this ? It must be a cut in the transmitter power..
2016-12-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, they have not cut the range at all, this is just stupid talk on the Internet.
2016-12-21
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Just downgrade your software to 1.6, are you running IOS? if so make sure you have 'Enable Hardware Decoding on', then you will have your range back.
2016-12-21
Use props
Paulemus
New

United States

My P4 range has dropped considerably recently also.  How do you downgrade software?
2016-12-21
Use props
nuts4drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21946 ft
United States

Has anyone actually experienced a range cut and that has improved with the software downgrade? Curious to hear actual specific experiences.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, did you adjust the antenna while your flight?
Please follow the video tutorial to adjust the antenna and fly in a different open area to see if it's the same or not.
2016-12-22
Use props
Skyscanr 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175443 ft
United States

Well I live on a hill that's about 200 ft  above the part of the small city I fly over from the top of my back yard so I have line of sight and have noticed that where I use to be able to fly to the high school and back I can't even go,half,way now with out losing signal.  I tend to use android on a Samsung note 5 more then my iPad mini.
2016-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules