First experience with DJI has been terrible
12Next >
2364 77 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

So here is how it all started, I bought my drone sometimes towards the end of Nov, got the drone a week after i turned it on and i wasnt able to get live feed from the camera all there was there was a black screen. I contacted dji and the customer service was great in helping me troubleshoot then asked me to send it back for eval and i did. It got there two days later and it wasnt checked in for two weeks.. took a look at it and said my claim was declined because no issue was found. Why all the hassle DJI? Now i dont know when will i get my drone back because apparently everything with this company opperates at 0 MPH.. its a sad thing to see a great company that invents great products but terrible repair department. After i get my drone back hopefully this year, that will be my last time buying anytying from DJI. Future customers be aware before you buy.

2016-12-22
Use props
fansff2e6b4a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

Wow. So sad about this. Too many bad reports like yours. DJI you have to work with that.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry to hear you're experiencing the difficulties, we'd love to help you escalate the case.
Would you please provide us your case number? thanks.
2016-12-22
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-23 09:49
Very sorry to hear you're experiencing the difficulties, we'd love to help you escalate the case.
Would you please provide us your case number? thanks.

Sure its this CAS-354503-N8F8T2

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks
2016-12-23
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Have you just joined this forum to complain. I see you have only posted twice.
Too many people expect the world from companies now a days. You sent it back to Dji for repair,Dji say No fault found, so no repair.
Do you really think any reasonable sized company would not report or repair, if any fault was found.The fact that they havent said, found the fault Sir, $$$ to repair, means NO fault.
Are you sure everything was turned on,plugged in and connected to each other,have you read the manuals??etc.
I have owned 5 different drones over the past 3 years from different manufactures. All different beasts,Dji P3A and P3P have been the best all round.
I lost 1 drone. That was my fault totally,user error.
Could your fault not be user error??

I have had 2x repairs from Dji under warranty. Fast turn around, no charge and no hassle..
2016-12-23
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-24 04:22
Too many people expect the world from companies now a days. You sent it back to Dji for repair,Dji say No fault found, so no repair.
Do you really think any reasonable sized company would not report or repair, if any fault was found.The fact that they havent said, found the fault Sir, $$$ to repair, means NO fault.

Yes. I did join this forum to complain because as a customer I do have the right to do that so yeah thats covered. Second, I spoke to support and they were the one that told me to send it in to have it replaced then they tell me that my exchange was denied. So I don't see why any of this hassle was a user error? I am sorry that you lost your nest of drones but again I am able to freely share my opinion being the first time customer.

Thanks
2016-12-23
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Firstly, Take a chill Pill.
I only lost 1x drone, bought another one and then upgraded as i got better at flying them. Good practice to do. More people should start off with a smaller/cheaper drone instead of jumping in at the deep end.....
No need to feel sorry for me mate,im fine.
I understand that your not HP, but if Dji cant find a fault....
Did you explore other phones/tablets connected??
This forum has been a great help to myself any no doubt many others.
It does get abit dull when people just join to complain.
I hope that you get it sorted. If you cant solve it, have you got an option to return it to the retailer?
Good luck.

2016-12-23
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-24 04:58
Firstly, Take a chill Pill.
I only lost 1x drone, bought another one and then upgraded as i got better at flying them. Good practice to do. More people should start off with a smaller/cheaper drone instead of jumping in at the deep end.....
No need to feel sorry for me mate,im fine.

Honestly, I really love the things I read about that drone online. I am dont want to return it I just want the thing to actually work. All I need for it to come back now so that I can try other things with it see if they work, but I can't get any clear answer about that either of when it will be back. Every communication I have had with them there is always a mystery
2016-12-23
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

If they have returned it back via a courier, can you track through them.
When its back with you,post on here asking for help. If Dji cant find a fault, then its not the drone/Rc that leaves cable,Go App,phone/tablet updates.
Some times its a small simple thing that gets over looked.
Search for answers on here and the net until its back with you.
Happy Christmas.
2016-12-23
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Sorry about your troubles... I have a friend who after seeing my P3P decided to purchase a P4. We went out to fly - he had just purchased an ipad to use with his P4. But when we got out on the field I realized that he needed to completely setup his ipad, apple id, etc... So eventually we skipped that and used his phone. I set mine up no problem and was ready for takeoff.. For him: not so much. For some reason having the same issue as you and couldn't get it to work. I went through the start up procedure with him, 1 by 1 and voila - everything worked just fine. My point is: sometimes there can be issues, no doubt, but I think a lot of the time it's user error.  For my friend: He's doing something he's never done before - I can't expect him to be very knowledgeable about it. He got frustrated because instead of taking the time to figure it out - just wanted to blame the product. I may have had some issues in the beginning but if you go on YouTube there's a lot of useful resources. Hopefully you're having a similar issue and it's not something wrong with the unit.
2016-12-23
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

What device were you trying to use? Most of the time when a pilot has this error, it is the device is out of spec or the device is not set up right to use with the Phantom. Also some devices just will not work. I have a brand new HTC ONE M9 that works 1 out of 20 tries. No reason, it just will not connect. But I have an Ipad mini 4 that works 100% of the time perfectly. Maybe get a new Ipad and try it. They seem to always work. Not an old ipad, but a newer one.
2016-12-23
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Also, I have had nothing but terrific results with DJI service. I have had to send the Phantom in for repairs due to cracks on the body and also had to just send the remote in for repair. Both times they repaired it under warranty no questions asked and had a turn around time of about ten days.
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DJI CS or any other company for that matter... The starting point in RC flying, should never be an actual drone, but a decent flight SIM.
Learn to crawl, then to walk before you run. These stories are all too common today.

New drivers don't jump into a Lamborghini or Ferrari and go full speed down the highway.
Neither should a beginning RC pilot. Get the basic understanding of RC controls and operation, before taking off, then regretting it.

It's the same for crotch rocket motorcycles, how dare the shops sell kids them bikes, just because the customer can pay for them.
Begin at the start, and get a very basic understanding, before diving in, head first.

If you crash it, or lose it, without the general lessons first, I have no pity... Expensive lessons.
You get what you "Play" for... And these aren't toys. ;-)

For the OP, more info is needed. Was everything turned on and running correctly?
Did you check to see if your device, was on the DJI compatible list first?
Had you RTFM before venturing in? List goes on. . .

RedHotPoker

2016-12-24
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

HWCM Posted at 2016-12-24 14:28
What device were you trying to use? Most of the time when a pilot has this error, it is the device is out of spec or the device is not set up right to use with the Phantom. Also some devices just will not work. I have a brand new HTC ONE M9 that works 1 out of 20 tries. No reason, it just will not connect. But I have an Ipad mini 4 that works 100% of the time perfectly. Maybe get a new Ipad and try it. They seem to always work. Not an old ipad, but a newer one.

Hello.. I was using Samsung S7. Then tried Samsung S6 and no luck. Maybe I should try an Ipad when it comes back to me one day hopefully. I have not heard anything since Wednesday of when it is coming back to me. It has been 3 weeks already .. 19 days... and Counting
2016-12-24
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 17:36
DJI CS or any other company for that matter... The starting point in RC flying, should never be an actual drone, but a decent flight SIM.
Learn to crawl, then to walk before you run. These stories are all too common today.

Everything turned on correctly and troubleshooted it with customer service but no luck and I was told to send it in
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-24 11:45
Everything turned on correctly and troubleshooted it with customer service but no luck and I was told to send it in

Oh boy, well that's a shame. Sorry for your troubles and this obvious inconvenience.
Hopefully it's a simple fix and fast turnaround, getting it back to you. Best wishes. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-24 02:39
Sure its this CAS-354503-N8F8T2

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

We've checked the case, our engineers have tested the aircraft and it's fully functional.
If there is something wrong with the aircraft, we'd love to help you replace or repair it depends on after-sales policy.
Maybe we need check the settings on the mobile devices connected to figure our the issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-24
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-23 14:22

Take a chill pill Hawks. And why did DJI tell them to send it in if there is nothing wrong with it to begin with? If that happened to me, you are damned right I would come in here to complain. What DJI doesn't care about what their customers concerns are and don't want to hear them or what?
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-25 12:51
Take a chill pill Hawks. And why did DJI tell them to send it in if there is nothing wrong with it to begin with? If that happened to me, you are damned right I would come in here to complain. What DJI doesn't care about what their customers concerns are and don't want to hear them or what?

We really concern much about customers' experience and would love to try our best to help you for any problems.
Sorry that we failed to get it sorted out remotely, then the best course of action would be send it in for evaluation which does good to locate the issue.
2016-12-24
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bill, i dont think people should just join a forum to Rank and expect people to say, sorry Sir, heres your money back.
So many things could be wrong in the settings of phone or tablets that wont let these P3 work. I think its wrong for people to blame Dji when its nothing to do with them.
If you fling mud, it sticks.
Remember that these P3 are not cheap toys, if they want Idiot proof toys(drones) start off with a cheap one. Learn to fly it to a good standard, before you go straight in at the top spec end of drones.
Anyway chaps. It Christmas Day.
I hope the World is a better place to be in 2017.
Good luck to all.
Cheers.
Graham
2016-12-25
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-24 22:39
We've checked the case, our engineers have tested the aircraft and it's fully functional.
If there is something wrong with the aircraft, we'd love to help you replace or repair it depends on after-sales policy.
Maybe we need check the settings on the mobile devices connected to figure our the issue.

Thank you for checking on this I really do appreciate it. My concern is now, when will I get the drone back? The last I heard about it was Wednesday and nothing since.
2016-12-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-24 22:51

I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark and say he shipped it because it was still having problems?  It's starting to look like it may have been a device (iPad/iPhone) issue.  
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-25 22:40
Thank you for checking on this I really do appreciate it. My concern is now, when will I get the drone back? The last I heard about it was Wednesday and nothing since.

We'll help check it again, and will update the information for you!
2016-12-26
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

Do you have any other devices to try? I have issues with a Samsung Tab S but my Samsung S7 edge works fine. Also try searching "black screen" in this forum - you arent the first to have this problem and research on this forum is your best bet to solving your issue. Pretty sure its an app/device issue and your quad is fine which is why they are sending it back - seems like they shouldnt have recommended you send it in the first place.
2016-12-26
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 17:32
We'll help check it again, and will update the information for you!

I will be waiting thank you !
2016-12-26
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Finally got the tracking number. The drone is finally being sent back. I will update you guys on the status
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-27 11:45
Finally got the tracking number. The drone is finally being sent back. I will update you guys on the status

Great, please keep us posted.
2016-12-26
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-26 21:45

My first Hair pulling day of owning the Phantom 4 standard I could not get it to connect to my Galaxy s5 for the life of me, What DJI Mindi walked me through was setting my phone up to turn on File debugging in Developers Options of my Galaxy phone (can't remember how to get there or do that at the moment) as soon as i got File Debugging turned on, on the phone it connected first try. So when you get your Bird back the DJI Mods will help you to get connected and up and running. I'm still working out a few other bugs (not understanding the technology) but what it comes down to is Knowing how the technology works and you working with the technology. Look up 2017 is just around the corner, May the Drone be with you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2016-12-26
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

So I got my bird today.. Connected my phone to it but still I can't get camera's live view on but when I record, I can play on the computer not on the phone. hmm Any ideas? tried it on S7 and S3 galaxy
2016-12-29
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 16:55
So I got my bird today.. Connected my phone to it but still I can't get camera's live view on but when I record, I can play on the computer not on the phone. hmm Any ideas? tried it on S7 and S3 galaxy

is your GPS on ,on your device ? wifi off? in the app , does it say connect or camera below Phantom
2016-12-29
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 16:55

and check your device to make sure the USB isn't set to charging only? if it is set to media
2016-12-29
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

TSAT Posted at 2016-12-29 17:56
and check your device to make sure the USB isn't set to charging only? if it is set to media

Everytime i try to set it to media it kicks back to charging option
2016-12-29
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 18:31

I would check another device? you can get a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7inch for around $100.  that's what did,and it works great. I just keep it with my drone and only use it for that. But if what youre using is set to charging only? its not going to work. The first tablet I had would open the DJI GO APP ,but it only showed how to connect. didn't give option for camera.
2016-12-29
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 18:31

my phone worked fine.SAmung J7 . just wanted a bigger screen.
2016-12-29
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

TSAT Posted at 2016-12-29 18:56
I would check another device? you can get a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7inch for around $100.  that's what did,and it works great. I just keep it with my drone and only use it for that. But if what youre using is set to charging only? its not going to work. The first tablet I had would open the DJI GO APP ,but it only showed how to connect. didn't give option for camera.

I just bought the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 INCH .. No luck again. I did set it to media.. still no luck
2016-12-29
Use props
FlybyKnight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111460 ft
United States

Hope you have better luck with another manufacture.  Don't give up on drones, can be a great hobby.  A little madding at times but stay with it
2016-12-29
Use props
fans492b5fcc
lvl.1

Philippines

Had same problem giving me  I have to shut tab off while the drone and remote are on then turn tab back on and start up then it connects  did my up date last night and now the dam thing says the mother board is out  first time it fell 16 ft on ground broke the board they say BS  now update and this sxs I really like it but getting really mad with them try a company out of texas
2016-12-29
Use props
fans492b5fcc
lvl.1

Philippines

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 19:11
I just bought the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 INCH .. No luck again. I did set it to media.. still no luck

Mine is tab same thing here also problems  with tab a  have to shut tab off keep all other stuff on then start tab to make it hook up
2016-12-29
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

fans492b5fcc Posted at 2016-12-29 22:32
Mine is tab same thing here also problems  with tab a  have to shut tab off keep all other stuff on then start tab to make it hook up

I tried your method it only worked for 5 seconds then it stopped. It was telling me that camera needed an update. Now its back to black screen. I am assuming its a device issue. I am taking the tab back today and possible get ipad mini
2016-12-30
Use props
fans94a0c563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39964 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now