Updating Phantom 3 Pro firmware after several months
1601 9 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans875e1688
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I haven't updated my firmware for several months.  I've managed to do an update to the Phantom 3 to 1.3.20 but I can't seem to make the update work on the remote.  I've followed the tutorial and I am using a USB lead from the aircraft to the remote but the light on the remote stays green (it doesn't change to blue) and it doesn't seem to update.  I am installing version 1.3.20 as I gather it needs to be done in sequence.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
2016-12-24
Use props
fans875e1688
New

United Kingdom

Also, confusingly, the DJI Go app tells me now to install the DJI Inspire firmware which doesn't seem right.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The RC firmware can be done via wifi now. Not sure which firmware version, brought us that advantage.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Update_Guide_en.pdf

Are you getting an update notification?
Under About in the Go app, you can check your firmware versions.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
fans875e1688
New

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 17:50
The RC firmware can be done via wifi now. Not sure which firmware version, brought us that advantage.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_4k/en/Firmware_Update_Guide_en.pdf

Thanks for your advice.  In the app (when connected to the remote) it says that i need to install 1.3.20 but confusingly it says to go to the Inspire 1 download page.  Unfortunately I don't have a Micro SD to USB adapter so I would have put that firmware update into the drone and connect via a cable.  My worry is that I might end up installing the wrong firmware on the drone as well as the remote.
2016-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans875e1688 Posted at 2016-12-24 11:35
Thanks for your advice.  In the app (when connected to the remote) it says that i need to install 1.3.20 but confusingly it says to go to the Inspire 1 download page.  Unfortunately I don't have a Micro SD to USB adapter so I would have put that firmware update into the drone and connect via a cable.  My worry is that I might end up installing the wrong firmware on the drone as well as the remote.

As long as you only load the correct firmware, no harm will befall your drone.
Besides, you couldn't load Inspire firmware to a Phantom, even if you tried... So fear not. ;-)

Hopefully you can get it updated and continue enjoying your aircraft.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-24
Use props
fans1a29e60f
lvl.1

United States

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to upgrade my P3P to firmware 1.10.9, my drone is making a loud beeping sound, light above camera is flashing between red and green, I can barely hear the normal upgrade noises because of the loud beep.  The remote upgraded just fine.  Any suggestions?

Jeff
2016-12-24
Use props
fans875e1688
New

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 18:41
As long as you only load the correct firmware, no farm will befall your drone.
Besides, you couldn't load Inspire firmware to a Phantom, even if you tried... So fear not. ;-)

Thanks.  I seem to have cracked it.  Downloaded the version again and installation was a success.  I appreciate the advice.
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fans1a29e60f Posted at 2016-12-24 13:50
Good Afternoon,

I am trying to upgrade my P3P to firmware 1.10.9, my drone is making a loud beeping sound, light above camera is flashing between red and green, I can barely hear the normal upgrade noises because of the loud beep.  The remote upgraded just fine.  Any suggestions?

LED blinking Red Green is right for your updating sequence. The beeping is probably normal too. The sequence DDDD DDDD will change to DDD DDD when update completes. Turn the drone off, and place the micro sd card back in the computer and check the text file, for Success. If it was good, then you are done. The RC should be updated through WiFi. There should be a pop-up message saying you have an update available.
Within the Go app are helpful instructional videos, which explain much of this, and a lot more. ;-)
Hopefully you will spend more time and RTFM as well. Ha
Always happy to help anytime you have more question.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-25
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Ha, you trickster, not even telling them about the sekrit hand shake!

Kidding. If you're getting a constant beeping, it could be that you a) tried to update the firmware and b) stopped the process before it was finished.

Because after a bunch of firmware updates, the only time it BEEPED repeatedly like that is when I did the same thing. Normal, successful upgrades chug, but don't beep.

The solution is to start over. Unfortunately, during the re-do, you will have to endure the loud beeping (because it still knows that the internal firmware went south on you last time). If you can hide the thing in the basement for 30 minutes while it completes, that's best.

Cheers,
Ciao,
Aloha.
2016-12-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

From the Sanskrit manual, I quoted.  Ha

Yeah, no beeping allowed... ;-)

RedHotPoker