Clean Video feed for Telecast
2851 18 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bander358
New
Flight distance : 37743 ft
United States

How can I get a clean (no flight info) HDMI video feed out of the Phantom 4 Pro+ controler?
2016-12-24
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you find out let me know as well , thought it would be the same as the one on my P3P you could choose whether to show
flight info or not  , all the P4P+ HDMI seems to do is mirror the built in screen, even when not in the flight screen.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Since there is an HDMI out option with this RC, you could potentially do dual video out with the HDMI monitor without OSD information.
2016-12-26
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-27 16:51
Since there is an HDMI out option with this RC, you could potentially do dual video out with the HDMI monitor without OSD information.

Not sure, I saw a tutorial and the HDMI seemed to just mirror the interface but you'd have to think it would be an option to go clean!
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-12-27 16:26
Not sure, I saw a tutorial and the HDMI seemed to just mirror the interface but you'd have to think it would be an option to go clean!

You would be able to toggle the OSD information in the image transmission section in the same way that you can with the other HDMI output module that DJI has.
2016-12-27
Use props
CheapEngineer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27159 ft
United States

I have the same problem - brand new P4Pro plus and there are no options on my screen to change HDMI output to clean. After waiting 3 hours in the queue yesterday I've been told that I *should* have that option. No idea how long I have to wait for a fix, or if that involves returning my product. O bought the HDMI adapter for the P4 at the urging of the DJI sales person, but that module is a different size than the one on my transmitter. Hoping for a real answer very soon.
2016-12-28
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-27 10:14
You would be able to toggle the OSD information in the image transmission section in the same way that you can with the other HDMI output module that DJI has.

Can anyone say how it's actually done?  A lot of people seem to be getting the answer "you should be able to.." which is of course what we're saying.  The problem is no one is saying how it is done.
2016-12-29
Use props
CheapEngineer
lvl.1
United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-12-29 15:11
Can anyone say how it's actually done?  A lot of people seem to be getting the answer "you should be able to.." which is of course what we're saying.  The problem is no one is saying how it is done.

I need a yes or no on this - someone at DJI needs to open up a package and test this. I haven't flown this drone because I'm not sure if I will be sending it back. Yes or No please.

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

After further digging, I did find that the HDMI out is solely a screen mirror of the Go app. The ability to remove the OSD information from the HDMI out is not available like on its Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 counterparts. I do apologize for the misinformation.
2017-1-4
Use props
CheapEngineer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-4 13:39
After further digging, I did find that the HDMI out is solely a screen mirror of the Go app. The ability to remove the OSD information from the HDMI out is not available like on its Inspire 1 or Phantom 3 counterparts. I do apologize for the misinformation.

Well, thanks for the reply. My boss was told by the salesperson @ DJI that this system would allow for a clean HDMI output *with this adapter*, which we purchased ($99). So now I have an adapter I can't use (it doesn't even fit this model) but I will have to swipe the OSD info from the screen to go live. I will talk to DJI sales about a refund for the adapter, and I guess await the next DJI purchase I make in a couple of years for that feature and make do with what we have for now.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

CheapEngineer Posted at 2017-1-4 15:18
Well, thanks for the reply. My boss was told by the salesperson @ DJI that this system would allow for a clean HDMI output *with this adapter*, which we purchased ($99). So now I have an adapter I can't use (it doesn't even fit this model) but I will have to swipe the OSD info from the screen to go live. I will talk to DJI sales about a refund for the adapter, and I guess await the next DJI purchase I make in a couple of years for that feature and make do with what we have for now.

Unfortunatly, there wasn't a link for the adaptor (if that's what you were trying to do with the asterisks), but I'm assuming you mean this one:

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

If so, that would have only applied if you got the P4P with the standard (USB out) remote that requres for use to use a mobile device. You would change out the USB module in the back and then install the new HDMI output module. The remote for that RC is awaiting a firmware update for that HDMI module to be more reliable, but that could be a way to get what you want.

If you want to keep the P4P+ RC, then you would be limited to what was mentioned previously, and you should be well within the refund time frame if you just got the HDMI output module. You can also, when the update is made available, change out the P4P+ RC for the P4P RC and install the HDMI module then. The latter would require for you to switch out to your own mobile device for the Go app.
2017-1-4
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

CheapEngineer Posted at 2017-1-4 09:19
I need a yes or no on this - someone at DJI needs to open up a package and test this. I haven't flown this drone because I'm not sure if I will be sending it back. Yes or No please.

I've since read elsewhere that to get a clean HDMI you can't have the OSD engaged on the remote.  Very disappointing and I hope they can correct it in firmware.
2017-1-8
Use props
CheapEngineer
lvl.1
United States

jimhare Posted at 2017-1-8 00:46
I've since read elsewhere that to get a clean HDMI you can't have the OSD engaged on the remote.  Very disappointing and I hope they can correct it in firmware.

I agree - there's no real reason this isn't a firmware issue.
2017-1-9
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

CheapEngineer Posted at 2017-1-9 06:26
I agree - there's no real reason this isn't a firmware issue.

We can only hope.  

P.S. Love Scruffy!
2017-1-9
Use props
CheapEngineer
lvl.1
United States

jimhare Posted at 2017-1-9 08:15
We can only hope.  

P.S. Love Scruffy!

At the very least, please put in the software the ability to use one of the shortcut buttons on the back to remove the HUD - I keep getting AF or EXP icons on the screen while I'm trying to HUD off the screen. Not a friendly thing while on the air. I also would like an option to make all the warnings audio only if desired - even with the screen clear it complains to me that there is wind up there, and puts it on the air as well.
2017-1-13
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

CheapEngineer Posted at 2017-1-13 08:17
At the very least, please put in the software the ability to use one of the shortcut buttons on the back to remove the HUD - I keep getting AF or EXP icons on the screen while I'm trying to HUD off the screen. Not a friendly thing while on the air. I also would like an option to make all the warnings audio only if desired - even with the screen clear it complains to me that there is wind up there, and puts it on the air as well.

Great idea!
2017-1-13
Use props
fans72e5b088
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

I use a clean HDMI out to monitor and I have  the OSD on on the remote. Just go to the settings and config.
2017-1-14
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

fans72e5b088 Posted at 2017-1-14 09:21
I use a clean HDMI out to monitor and I have  the OSD on on the remote. Just go to the settings and config.

I don't have one yet, just going by all the reports that people tried for hours and couldn't make it happen.  Possible to make a short video showing the config and results?
2017-1-15
Use props
FLYTAHITI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10 ft
  • >>>
French Polynesia

You can disable HDMI OSD on the P4P ( with HDMI module but it's 720p )  on the P4P+  the HDMI output is 1080p but just  a miror of the monitor (with OSD) . so i hope an upgrade could disable the OSD on the P4P+
but not sure it is technicaly possible !!
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules