Phantom 4 Battery Issue
2673 19 2016-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ninetoe
lvl.1

United States

Got a new phantom 4 today but the drone will not power up.   Watched all tutorials and read manual.   I get 4 lights and battery will turn on.   Charged up fine.    Put into drone and turn on battery but nothing happens with the drone.   Any suggestions?   Going to take it back to Best Buy tomorrow and get money back I guess.

2016-12-25
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

A DJI rep will probably ask you to provide a video highlighting the problem for further assistance.
2016-12-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Describe the process in how you are powering up the drone. Also make sure that the battery is fully pushed in. I dont know if there was a bad batch of batteries or what, but a lot of people seem to be complaining or having issues with their batteries lately.
2016-12-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, just a quick tip, its a good idea to stick with one thread, ether here on this thread or on the discussion thread where your other post is about the same subject.
2016-12-25
Use props
Ninetoe
lvl.1

United States

MrPinaColada Posted at 2016-12-25 17:09
Describe the process in how you are powering up the drone. Also make sure that the battery is fully pushed in. I dont know if there was a bad batch of batteries or what, but a lot of people seem to be complaining or having issues with their batteries lately.

Start controller and then attempt to start phantom.   Again battery is charged and shows 4 lights.   Push once then a second time to turn on battery fully seated in phantom.   I get nothing from the phantom, no lights nothing at all.   Battery lights are on and stay on like they should.  Updated firmware on controller and attempted to upgrade phantom.   The computer program downloaded from DJI does not recognize drone because there is no power to the darn thing.   Its a dud drone or a bad battery connection.   Very frustrated with QC from DJI.    Do they check these things before they box them and mail them to stores???   Oh well.....I will return to store in the morning.
2016-12-25
Use props
Ninetoe
lvl.1

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-12-25 17:14
Hi, just a quick tip, its a good idea to stick with one thread, ether here on this thread or on the discussion thread where your other post is about the same subject.

Thanks for tip, will stick to one thread
2016-12-25
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Did the gimball initiate or NOT?
2016-12-25
Use props
Ninetoe
lvl.1

United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2016-12-25 19:17
Did the gimball initiate or NOT?

No, the drone has never done anything.    Its completely dead except for battery lights.
2016-12-25
Use props
fansda4b3689
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received the phantom 4 and both batteries are dead, no lights at all. When I plug it into the charger nothing happens, no power light and no bars. It's not the charger because it works on the remote. So much for flying my new drone today.
2016-12-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Ninetoe Posted at 2016-12-26 09:17
Thanks for tip, will stick to one thread

Good luck with the change over dude, Bit of a bummer that you can't use it.
2016-12-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Sounds like a connection issue within the phantom, id exchange it for a new one
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansda4b3689 Posted at 2016-12-26 09:51
I just received the phantom 4 and both batteries are dead, no lights at all. When I plug it into the charger nothing happens, no power light and no bars. It's not the charger because it works on the remote. So much for flying my new drone today.

Sorry to hear about that, may I know have you contacted our tech support or your dealer to help you handle this case?
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ninetoe Posted at 2016-12-26 09:20
No, the drone has never done anything.    Its completely dead except for battery lights.

After doing all the basic troubleshooting, if problem persists, please feel free to contact your dealer to help you do a test and get a good one.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and please feel free to contact us for any further questions.
2016-12-26
Use props
Ninetoe
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 05:43
After doing all the basic troubleshooting, if problem persists, please feel free to contact your dealer to help you do a test and get a good one.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and please feel free to contact us for any further questions.

Exchanged today at best buy,  new drone works great now!   Several flights today and no issues.   Thanks for all the help on the forum.   
2016-12-26
Use props
Lethal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

Great news! Enjoy your flying.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansda4b3689
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 06:41
Sorry to hear about that, may I know have you contacted our tech support or your dealer to help you handle this case?

I called the store that sold it to me on amazon and they will send me two new batteries once the defective ones are returned. I told them to open the boxes to make sure they work so I don't have to go through this again. They said they will rely that message,but can't guarantee it because they are not supposed to open the boxes.
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansda4b3689 Posted at 2016-12-27 09:30
I called the store that sold it to me on amazon and they will send me two new batteries once the defective ones are returned. I told them to open the boxes to make sure they work so I don't have to go through this again. They said they will rely that message,but can't guarantee it because they are not supposed to open the boxes.

Please check the battery when you receive it again from amazon, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansda4b3689
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-26 23:28
Please check the battery when you receive it again from amazon, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I received my new replacement battery today, when I took it out of the box the battery appeared to be dead (no lights at all) I was going to send it back when I decided to plug it in and leave it and see what happens., only to come back to a charged battery. While it was charging no power light or bars showing it charging. My question is there a ghost charge and is there a way to make the lights show it's charging? I played around with it and finally the power light and bars showed up. Very strange and very deceptive
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansda4b3689 Posted at 2016-12-30 18:11
I received my new replacement battery today, when I took it out of the box the battery appeared to be dead (no lights at all) I was going to send it back when I decided to plug it in and leave it and see what happens., only to come back to a charged battery. While it was charging no power light or bars showing it charging. My question is there a ghost charge and is there a way to make the lights show it's charging? I played around with it and finally the power light and bars showed up. Very strange and very deceptive

That's interesting, may I know it's working properly after charging?
Have you checked the battery info on the APP? everything is normal?
2017-1-2
Use props
fansda4b3689
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 00:12
That's interesting, may I know it's working properly after charging?
Have you checked the battery info on the APP? everything is normal?

Everything is normal in the app and the battery seems to be working fine. When I recharged it the lights came on like they were supposed to,so I don't have any idea why it appeared DOA. Waiting for my other battery to arrive now.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules