vision 2 plus GPS issues, 5 satellites max
3970 9 2014-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huizinga
lvl.1

Costa Rica

I just sold my vision 2 and bought the new 2 plus, which at first sight with the gimbal looks fantastic.
But my first flights have been horrible. where  I used to get at least 7- 9 satellites I now only get 5, sometimes 6. this results in extremely hard flying conditions. my vision 2 was super stable. with the vision 2 plus i cannot even look at my phone to take a picture just to fly the drone, and not have it fly away.

what changed soooo much that from going to the best toy i have ever bought in my live i now am extremely disappointed with DJI .

what can i do to improve the signal strength ????  I know for sure its not the area because i have the comparison with my vision 2

2014-10-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

READ THIS THREAD:
Improve Vision+ GPS reception
2014-10-4
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-5 14:21
READ THIS THREAD:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &extra=page%3D3

Create a clickable "link" because the link you add is broken
2014-10-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

peteroudenes Posted at 2014-10-5 15:23
Create a clickable "link" because the link you add is broken

READ THIS THREAD:
2014-10-5
Use props
huizinga
lvl.1

Costa Rica

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-10-5 22:16
READ THIS THREAD:

Great, thanks, just bought copper shielding tape on amazon, hope it helps.
2014-10-5
Use props
rlmedina.pacifi
lvl.1

United States

huizinga@mac.co Posted at 2014-10-6 06:10
Great, thanks, just bought copper shielding tape on amazon, hope it helps.

did it help
2014-10-27
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

E very day a new owner comes on here with the same problem regarding sat drop out  or poor sat reception dont you think its about time Dji fixed the issue :@:@:@
2014-10-28
Use props
dxer
lvl.1

Croatia

I was really into purchasing this bird , but then I found many articles about this problems with GPS. So I asked DJI directly about this. Their answer was like people having this problems don't know how to fly this thing !?! I replied that this answer is not satisfaction to me. They didn't replied anymore. Very bad seller, they woun't recongize that they have this problem.
I think this is actually defective product as many people having this issue. There is this partial solution but if you perform it, warranty is no longer recognized.
If they should just offer people fix to this, but no, they even woun't recognize problem.
2014-10-28
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi there, please contact your nearest support center for check and repair ragarding to the problem with GPS satellites.
2014-10-28
Use props
donotsellmyemai
New

United States

So, I think my latest mod has solved completely the dropping of GPS. It is rather a bother to do, but now get 9-10 sats while recording in 60fps mode. Had to completely disassemble to get the cable out from the camera to the board. Used copper tape in strips to cover all section of the flat cable, then covered again in the kapton tape to insulate. Also did the small jumper on top of the board between the small PC board and connection to the main pc board. Fired it up and GPS lock is so fast is amazing. This is not a mod for the feeble, but if you can do neatly, it should solve all the GPS locking issues. I have also done the mod at the top of the copter to shield over the GPS as others mentioned, but that produced poor results for me. Now we are flying with 9 sats and even got 12 tonight during test run. Turned recording on/off/on, etc. and no issues at all.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules