Still Photography Requests for DJI Mavic Pro Developers
1453 4 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brentbat
lvl.1

Australia

Hey Devs

Firstly let me say that you have all built a wonderful drone (Mavic Pro) I LOVE IT.   I've been enjoying still photography for about 20 years, and have been waiting and waiting for the right drone to make the leap into drone-based still photography.    The size and portability of the Mavic combined with 12MP camera did it for me.

I'm assuming that cameras will keep improving, so after using my Mavic on a few photographic shoots now, I thought I'd give you a couple of requests to consider that would make it so much better for still photography (in my opinion).

My top requests

1) Controllable aperture - When doing landscape/seascape photography, the ability to control aperture is really important. Less for depth of field and more to dial-in shutter speeds.  I'm sure this is a cost issue.  How much is it to add a variable aperture into a lens?

2) Shutter Priority setting - When I'm shooting seascapes, I like to keep shutter at around 1 sec exposure to get water movement.   It would be great if I could dial this in and have the camera compensate with either aperture (preferable) or ISO.

3) Swapable lenses - Would be great to be able to swap different focal length lenses into the Mavic's camera body.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but thought I'd send you through some initial thoughts.

Your probably thinking I should just upgrade to the Inspire...... If were as portable as a Mavic Pro I would.... I like to hike a lot when I do photography and would not want to haul an Inspire drone about.

Again, thanks for making a wonderful drone.

Brent

2016-12-26
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantom 4 Pro isn't as big as Inspire and does everything you're asking minus changing lenses.
2016-12-26
Use props
Brentbat
lvl.1

Australia

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-27 16:21
Phantom 4 Pro isn't as big as Inspire and does everything you're asking minus changing lenses.

Thanks Trance
I didn't realise Phantom 4 Pro had adjustable aperture, good to know.

Thx
BP
2016-12-26
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brentbat Posted at 2016-12-26 23:25
Thanks Trance
I didn't realise Phantom 4 Pro had adjustable aperture, good to know.

Yea, it's got some pretty good specs, you should check it out. 1 inch sensor, 20MP stills, f2.8-11, mechanical shutter....
2016-12-26
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

But less portable. In my opinion you buy the Mavic Pro only when you need a really portable multirotor. Otherwise, stick with the 3p or the 4.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules