iOS APP ISSUE - Can't log into User Center
4536 8 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikewall00
lvl.1

United States

Hello Forum!
Below is the Chat that I just had with DJI's Live Help regarding an issue with the iOS app.  I can not log into the iOS app to register the Inspire due to "Falied Login" prompt that pops up upon sign in.  Check out the Chat below...

I have the Inspire.  I just downloaded the app but it will not allow sign in during the registration process.  I then registered the Inspire online and changed the password but still can not sign in. I also deleted and reinstalled the app.  Please contact me immediately to fix this issue.  Michael XXXXXXX, USA 917-XXX-XXXX

Hi Sir,
Thank you for contacting DJI Inspire1 Support.
We have local team around the world.You could also contact them directly by phone or email
Customers in North America:
Please call +1 (818) 235 0789 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST) , or email to us.support@dji.com
Customers in Germany and Member Countries of the EU
Please call: +49 (0) 9747 9304200 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Central Europe time) , or email to support.europe@dji.com
Customers in Japan
Please email to support.jp@dji.com; We will come back to you shortly

Your USA call center is shut down until tuesday and this is not something I'm willing to wait for.

13:44:57
Hi, Michael, let me see what I can do.

thank you

13:46:28
What would be your device?

Inspire One

I mean the mobile device

13:47:30
iOS or android

iOS

13:48:48
When you say it does not allow sign in, what would be the message shown on the app?

Login Failed

I've tried to log into the App on WiFi and cellular network

And I also tried by reinstalling the app.

13:56:06
For now, I might not have a solution to this since there are only two of us here on duty. There are a number of similar cases for this registration and account issues, and our app folks have yet given us a solution.

So it just says login failed, nothing else like password wrong or the account has registered?

13:57:41
It might has something to do with our database

it just says "Login Failed".  I can log into the DJI website.

Could you register a different new account, and then see whether you can log in for testing purposes?

If i enter the wrong password I get "Password or Username Incorrect"

so its recognizing that the user name and password are correct but wont access the app

I can not register under a different account.  I only have a single personal email address

13:59:19
if I try to sign up again the app recognizes that I have an existing account

14:02:20
I see

Would it be ok, if you tell me your account and password, and then I try on my app?

14:03:56
ok, let me try it out

no problem.  My user name is XXXXX and password is XXXXX

It says Login Failed

Yes.  It always prompts "Login Failed"

14:06:06
Let me try my android device

ok

14:11:25
Did it work for your Android device?

14:17:03
No

I have tried both devices, both cannnot login

I believe the account exists

14:18:26
However, the database could not recognize it. A few customers have reported similar issues.

The account most definitely exists.  

Some have tried to register a new account, and it can log in. However, this can only be a temporary solution

The Inspire was activated by this account?

I have DJI credits on it, two order confirmations, and three registered products .

yes the inspire was activated by this account

So how can you resolve this issue?

14:19:49
I've already sent back you inspire because your company sent me the China version to my US address

14:23:53
It is really unprofessional  that they sent you the China version.

These two issues should not be linked I believe

The China version issue, and the account issue

They are not linked at all

The point Im trying to make is that I've been trying to fly this device since January 15th and multiple issues have presented themselves

All with direct responsibility of DJI

14:27:02
Currently, we have not gotten any feedback from the app folks. I believe tomorrow or ASAP, they should at least provide our users with a response or solution.

Yes, sir, I know how you feel right now.

The US version of the Inspire, you have not received it yet, am I right?

I have the US version now

I shipped the China version to your California location

and they sent me the US version

the one I'm trying to fly right now

but cannot due to the app issue

14:30:48
You mean the Inspire cannot be activated?

I can not sign into the app when prompted through the initial registration of the Inspire

Correct.  I can not activate my Inspire.

You activate the Inspire through the  iOS app correct?

14:32:30
upon initial start up the app reminds me that I have 3 days to update firmware.  It then walks me through the initial setup.  Name the device, general settings, ect.

after that I must log in to the app with my user name and password

when that happens I get the "Login Failed" notification

14:33:56
I thought this was clear in my previous explanation

14:40:57
For now I could not suggest any drastic suggestions for now. Whether the mikewall00@gmail.com should be the one used for the Inspire 1 activation process, this I am not sure of. I need to confirm this with the app team when they are awake a few hours later and consult with them about this issue. Whether this is the database problem, or whether using a new account to activate should be totally fine. If you require an answer right now, I am afraid no, not that fast.

I am sorry about this.

14:42:14
The account seems fine, but I have no idea why it prompts login failed. It is puzzling to me as well.

So are you telling me that you, DJI's Live Help Chat, can not help me at this time?

I am trying my best ot help you.

14:43:49
First, let me raise this to the right people in DJI

The ones responsible for this

The forum also has our support people there to monitor

Ok thats fine.  In the meantime I'll pass this on to the DJI Forum and see if any other Inspire owners have had this problem

For now, only two of us awake...

14:44:58
I am, in the sense, helping you all by myself

Without the support of the engineers right at this moment

Please pass this information along and contact me via my email address when you have a solution

14:46:49
Please pay special attention to the DJI tech people in the forum. Once they have an answer, they are the ones to look out for.

I will also record this down, and monitor this issue as well

2015-2-13
Use props
rickhooton
lvl.1

United States

I realized that the login name (email) is case sensitive - maybe that will help
2015-2-13
Use props
mikewall00.gmai
lvl.1

United States

rickhooton you've done it!  After an hour online chat, and more in frustration, all it took was a forum post!  I've never seen an app or website that had a case sensitive User Name.  Thanks again.
2015-2-13
Use props
jason
New

United States

the login is case sensitive.  Crazy sauce.
2015-2-23
Use props
connerinspired
lvl.1

United States

I had the exact same issue and ended up creating a new account (which I don't mind) before realizing the account was case sensitive.  Still frustrating how poor their support is.  
2015-2-23
Use props
bastewart.xtra
New

New Zealand

We have the same issues with a new inspire 1 and a new iPad. We can log into this forum with no trouble but logging in to the drone got these log in failed messages. Tried to set up a new account with a different email address but same problems. Extremely frustrating. At this pint we are newbies and keen to get the simulator going.       Researching it late last night there were posts that talked about Apple having a problem with the data going from their iPads to the controller or something ( didn't see the actual message -husbands recollection) and there seemed to be several people posting about an Apple problem.  So wondered if Android would work but don't think their app has the simulator. Any ideas would be helpful. Realise that support is probably elsewhere and on a different time zone and at the weekend but, hey, the weekend is when lots of people aim to get their gadgets set up.
2015-2-28
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

holy crap this was driving me mental - case sensitive yes!
2015-3-19
Use props
Jimmyholster
lvl.1

Australia

rickhooton Posted at 2015-2-14 06:44
I realized that the login name (email) is case sensitive - maybe that will help

Dear god....I just got a galaxy tabs 8.4 to use in place of my xperia z3 (phone)...and upon trying to login in it kept coming up with "Authentication failed, login with your DJI account" and I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what is happening.
After all of this, it was the case sensitive user name!

Thank you so so so so much for posting this info, you have saved my sanity!
2015-5-16
Use props
Muzzy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ive also had an issue where I cannot access the app anymore. Every time I try it says that my email is not a valid email type. As far as I know the .co.uk address is fully functional in the rest of the real world!

I spoke to online chat as well, but the same useless answer of creating a new account. Tried that. Tried another email. Nothing. DJI, I'm giving you -5 stars.

Muzzy.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules