Can anybody tell me what these options do in DJI Go App?
2737 10 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brentbat
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone

I'm a fairly hard-core photographer who has just started using the Mavic Pro for still photography.  I love it despite the obvious limitations.

I'm trying to really learn and understand all of the menu options and settings and there are a few that seem to be eluding me.  I can't find much documentation on them, so if anybody can  tell me what the following do, I'd be grateful, and when you might use them.  

All three of these are in the photo settings menu.

1) Long Exposure Preview

2) Auto Sync HD Photo

3) Lock Gimbal when capture

Thanks in advance

Brent
2016-12-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Perhaps if I bump this, you might get an answer as I would like to know as well.
2016-12-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Interested also.
2016-12-28
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1 bump,     i think ( here we go again , think ! )  the lock gimbal  is if you are yawing/moving at the same time as taking a photo it will momentarily hold every thing still while the photo captures,  or at least mine does this correctly or incorrectly ?
2016-12-28
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

Auto sync HD Foto:

Should Steam the full resolution picture taken from the drone to the smart phones storage during flight
2016-12-28
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

would be great to have a comprehensive manual or wiki for the "App"
2016-12-28
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

MikeQView Posted at 2016-12-28 22:02
would be great to have a comprehensive manual or wiki for the "App"

I agree. There are a couple of options i'm not really sure about.
2016-12-28
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

Quite a few options I'm unfamiliar with and have not found a comprehensive list of what everything is in the DJI app.
2016-12-28
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Find one of the DJI moderators on here such as DJI-Ken and see if he can get some clarity for everyone on what these settings do exactly.
2016-12-28
Use props
Alex G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1366857 ft
  • >>>
Spain

You can desactívate the problematic "Lock Gimbal when capture" to avoid the know problem with the frufrú horizon when paning to the left or right:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0DUWadyK_6Fdi1JaDZNT1hMXzA/view
2017-2-27
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

1.) I think Long Exposure Preview attempts to show you the results on your connected device of long exposure shots through some trickery. You can probably get an idea of how long an exposure you can get away with using this feature.

2. Auto Sync HD Photo automatically copies jpg versions of your shots to your connected device if you've enabled JPG output. If you only shoot RAW you'll have to transfer those manually.

3. Lock Gimbal when capture helps keep the gimbal steady when doing bracketed shots.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules