Remote Control issues post firmware update
664 6 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magicman
New

United States

After my last flight I did the firmware update to the remote.  
All four lights are lit indicating it is fully charged but the Status indicator is off and the remote will not connect to my phone.  Please help.  Thanks

2016-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold until it beeps, then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-12-27
Use props
magicman
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-27 17:32
Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

thank you.  i tried as you had mentioned both reset the RC and trying to manually pair.  neither unfortunately worked...  
I took a picture but cannot upload here.  I am getting no beeps from the remote just the steady 4 lights illuminated.  the left most (status light) remains unlit.  I think i can leave it on all night and maybe will go dead?  the RC seems to be staying on for hours right now.  
2016-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

magicman Posted at 2016-12-28 03:26
thank you.  i tried as you had mentioned both reset the RC and trying to manually pair.  neither unfortunately worked...  
I took a picture but cannot upload here.  I am getting no beeps from the remote just the steady 4 lights illuminated.  the left most (status light) remains unlit.  I think i can leave it on all night and maybe will go dead?  the RC seems to be staying on for hours right now.

"I think i can leave it on all night and maybe will go dead?"

You wouldn't want to run the battery right down (below 10%), that would probably damage it.

Have a read through this thread it may help http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=45630
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, if it's not working at all, and the LED keeps off, I do suggest you send it in for evaluation.
You can submit here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2016-12-28
Use props
magicman
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 06:49
Sorry to hear about the issue, if it's not working at all, and the LED keeps off, I do suggest you send it in for evaluation.
You can submit here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

thank you. I'm so disappointed it went from fully functional to fried.  seems bizarre.  
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

magicman Posted at 2016-12-28 05:39
thank you. I'm so disappointed it went from fully functional to fried.  seems bizarre.

Really understand how frustrated it must be, and hope you can get it fixed soon and enjoy it.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules