Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

I've just done a firmware update on my P4 Pro, and aferwards, I've tried to check what version firmware the aircraft is running in DJI Go 4.  On the screen that shows this, I can see the app version, Remote controller version and the flight controller serial number and remote controller serial number.  The "version" entry where the aircraft firmware version would be shown, is blank.

I've tried restarting the aircraft, the remote controller, my phone (samsung galaxy s7 edge) and even removing the app, before reinstalling.  And it never appears.

Is this normal?  If not, anyone got any ideas as to how to get the firmware on the aircraft version number?

Cheers
Andy
2016-12-27
Use props
OCGFarrell
lvl.1

United States

You're in the right place. Not sure why it's showing blank for you. I'm running DJI Go 4.0 on my iPhone and have all the data your describing but it does also show the drone firmware version. Good luck.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You upgrade it through Assistant 2, right?
Please try to change another mobile device to connect the aircraft and check again.
2016-12-28
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 10:23
Please try to change another mobile device to connect the aircraft and check again.

Thats right.  I upgraded the P4Pro through DJI assistant 2 on my PC, and the remote controller through the app (not sure if you can upgrade the TX through DJI Assistant?)

I'll try a different device and see if that works.  Only got android though, no iOS in this house!

Andy
2016-12-28
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170689 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Same problem here with my P4 i've tried everything but with not any solution.DJI sometimes you're sucks with those stupid firmware upgrades, nothing but only troubles.
2016-12-28
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 10:23

Double checked on a Samsung Tab S2, and that works fine, the version is shown correctly.  On the galaxy S7 edge, no version shown.  Odd.

Not so much a problem, as I normally use the tablet.  An odd bug though...
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPPMS Posted at 2016-12-28 04:23
Same problem here with my P4 i've tried everything but with not any solution.DJI sometimes you're sucks with those stupid firmware upgrades, nothing but only troubles.

Sorry to hear about that, would you please describe the error message when upgrading?
To locate the issue, please post some screenshot here.
And you can also upload the upgrading log for us as the tutorial:
2016-12-29
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 03:52
Sorry to hear about that, would you please describe the error message when upgrading?
To locate the issue, please post some screenshot here.
And you can also upload the upgrading log for us as the tutorial:

Dear Natalia
There is nothing wrong with my P4,the drone flies perfect.The only problem is the application doesn't recognise the firmware number of the phantom,it shows the version of the app,the version of the rc,the flight controller number,but in the aircraft firmware number it shows :00.00.000.
I try everything,i try the app with my ipad air2,with my iphone 6s,with my nvidia shield and samsung tablet also but this problem remains.
This problem starts when i decide to make firmware upgrade to the new version.Because i have install an hdmi board in the rc the video was very glitchy so other members told us to downgrade the firmware to the old version because the new version had glitch problem if you have an hdmi board install to the rc.So i downgrade both the rc and the aircraft and this problem starts.I forgot to tell you i even bind the other rc from my P3P with the P4 to see if the problem solved but it was there,when you press the "about" to check the firmwares it shows all the others exept the aircraft firmware (00.00.000).
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPPMS Posted at 2016-12-30 14:23
Dear Natalia
There is nothing wrong with my P4,the drone flies perfect.The only problem is the application doesn't recognise the firmware number of the phantom,it shows the version of the app,the version of the rc,the flight controller number,but in the aircraft firmware number it shows :00.00.000.
I try everything,i try the app with my ipad air2,with my iphone 6s,with my nvidia shield and samsung tablet also but this problem remains.

When connecting to the Assistant 2, what is the firmware version showing on the screen?
Would you please upload two screenshots here? one is for the "About" on APP, another one is version on Assistant 2.
2017-1-2
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 00:22
When connecting to the Assistant 2, what is the firmware version showing on the screen?
Would you please upload two screenshots here? one is for the "About" on APP, another one is version on Assistant 2.

Hi Natalia
Sorry for the late response.Yes when i connect it to the assistant 2 it shows the firmware version on the screen and the other informations ,the problem is with the app.Now i have the older firmware i downgrade the aircraft and the RC also to 1.6 because of the terrible video glitch of the app, because i have install the HDMI board in the RC.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPPMS Posted at 2017-1-8 01:03
Hi Natalia
Sorry for the late response.Yes when i connect it to the assistant 2 it shows the firmware version on the screen and the other informations ,the problem is with the app.Now i have the older firmware i downgrade the aircraft and the RC also to 1.6 because of the terrible video glitch of the app, because i have install the HDMI board in the RC.

After downgrading the firmware, it shows the correct information on APP now, right?
2017-1-9
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 02:01
After downgrading the firmware, it shows the correct information on APP now, right?

Only if i connect the aircraft with the assistant 2.The app still doesn't show the aircraft firmware, it says "firmware unknown".
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPPMS Posted at 2017-1-9 02:37
Only if i connect the aircraft with the assistant 2.The app still doesn't show the aircraft firmware, it says "firmware unknown".

Please provide me two screenshots for the version info.
One is when you connect aircraft to assistant 2 and another one is from APP, I'll transfer it to our engineers for a further evaluation, thanks.
2017-1-9
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 03:25
One is when you connect aircraft to assistant 2 and another one is from APP, I'll transfer it to our engineers for a further evaluation, thanks.

2017-1-9
Use props
GPPMS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 03:25

Please the pictures.
IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1139.jpg
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GPPMS Posted at 2017-1-9 21:46
Please the pictures.

Thanks, I'll report this case to our engineers, and will get back to you once I get a answer.
2017-1-10
Use props
Debug中的iOS开发
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hi GPPMS, can you get the logs from the DJI Assistant 2 just follow  the video tutorial posted by Natalia. Engineers need these logs to analyze.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules