ND filters? anything out there
2121 27 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Getting tired of waiting for the revised Polar Pro filters & DJI dosn't seem to have their act together on this item.  anything else out there worth checking into?
2016-12-27
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

I received my order of the PGYTech filters a couple of weeks ago but the weather has continued to prevent me from any flying.  They appear to be great looking quality and arrived with no evidence of any manufacturing defects (no scratches, no smudges, no left-over glue etc.).  I can confirm that the fit on the lens is nice and tight and the gimbal moves freely when starting up with the lens on.  They are made from very light aluminum.

I ordered the 5 pieces (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32 and CPL) and paid extra for DHL shipping (ordered on Dec 8 and shipped on the next day but still took 10 days coming out of China).  In total this came to $112 Canadian (about $82 US) so significantly less than PolarPro prices.  Order from:

https://www.aliexpress.com/snaps ... oductId=32768384828
2016-12-27
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Still waiting on my order from TacoRC...
2016-12-27
Use props
Rigging65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351099 ft
United States

My order fromTacoRC is supposed to arrive in Friday. We'll see, USPS is less than reliable in my town.
2016-12-27
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I have Taco-RC. They are fantastic to me. Work very well without color cast and also they fit during gimbal initialization. This is the complete set:

Taco_RC Filter SET

Taco_RC Filter SET
2016-12-27
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I had the original PolarPro filters on order, but canceled when I found out you had to take them off when powering up the drone (including when changing battery). So I'm also keeping an eye on the market and like to hear more about people's experiences.

There seems to be several options available. Besides PolarPro, PGYTech and Taco-RC I have also discovered Haodasi and Freewell. So it's not an easy choice :-)
2016-12-28
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-28 19:38
I had the original PolarPro filters on order, but canceled when I found out you had to take them off when powering up the drone (including when changing battery). So I'm also keeping an eye on the market and like to hear more about people's experiences.

There seems to be several options available. Besides PolarPro, PGYTech and Taco-RC I have also discovered Haodasi and Freewell. So it's not an easy choice :-)

Thanks for that advise, was about to buy the PolarPro!

I thin there are same PGYTech on ebay I might give them a try, I was wondering, why do you need to take the Polar Pro when powering the drone?
2016-12-28
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-28 19:38

I thin there are same PGYTech on ebay I might give them a try, I was wondering, why do you need to take the Polar Pro when powering the drone?
2016-12-28
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-28 10:11

I'm not sure why, but my guess are that they are too heavy for the gimbal initialization process to work correctly.
There's some talk about PolarPro also will announce a new set of filters that can be sitting on the lens while powering up the device.
2016-12-28
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The polar pros are not heavy. They are designed wrong. The filters obstruct the initialisation when the mavic is powered on.
2016-12-28
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

TACO-RC weight 0.7g each.
2016-12-28
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Taco-Rc is the one to go for but I would wait fir DJI to put out some. DJI seem to be pushing out some accessories... Mavic hood and looks like a propeller guard is coming as well
2016-12-28
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-28 04:20
I'm not sure why, but my guess are that they are too heavy for the gimbal initialization process to work correctly.
There's some talk about PolarPro also will announce a new set of filters that can be attached while powering up the device.

Rush to market and high priced filters... hope they give a refund to all the beta testers
2016-12-28
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-28 04:04

the bezel hits the gimbal and causes a gimbal error.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans57e193f4
lvl.2

United States

http://taco-rc.com/ Placed order a couple of days ago. Already have USPS tracking number.
2016-12-28
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
United States

i order this they can be put on mavic before putting On & I have used their filters previously no complaint on quality infact taco gave me vignette in ND16
2016-12-28
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Italy

I don't have vignetting experience with Taco ND16. I own ND4,8,16,32,64.
2016-12-28
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

Very clever video.  Taco RC knows how to get the point across.
2016-12-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

devGOD Posted at 2016-12-28 03:45
Rush to market and high priced filters... hope they give a refund to all the beta testers

We designed the first set to be installed after gimbal startup. Why? because we figured people would want to meter the scene, and then install the appropriate filter. We were wrong. We received a lot of feedback that people wanted to leave the filters on at all times. So we made the next version able to stay on at all times. We did get our original customers refunds if they wanted, but most elected to upgrade to the Cinema Series Filters at a discount:

PolarPro Cinema Series

Let me know if you have any other questions,
-Jeff
2016-12-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-28 01:32
The polar pros are not heavy. They are designed wrong. The filters obstruct the initialisation when the mavic is powered on.

This is correct, with the 1st version we assumed that people would not mind putting the filters on after calibration. We were wrong. We took this feedback and corrected it, the Cinema Series can now be left on at all times:

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-cinema-series-vivid-collection

Let me know if you have any questions on them,
-Jeff
2016-12-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-28 01:11

The PolarPro Cinema Series do not need to be removed:

Let me know if you have any questions,
-Jeff
2016-12-29
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i was recently looking to get filters. which company has the best ones? taco, polar pro, or freewill? dji filters look cheap
2017-1-23
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Netherlands

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-23 13:33
i was recently looking to get filters. which company has the best ones? taco, polar pro, or freewill? dji filters look cheap

I got Freewell arrived very quick & work great
2017-1-24
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-23 13:33

I personally use our Cinema Series Filters, I cant comment on the others, but here are a few shots I compiled over the last few months of testing the Cinema Series filters:

2017-1-24
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

wow great video!
2017-1-24
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!
-Jeff
2017-1-25
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-29 08:48
The PolarPro Cinema Series do not need to be removed:
PolarPro Cinema Series Mavic Install

Hey Jeff, i ordered the cinema vivid collection couple days ago but that nd32 from the shutter collection seems interesting as well. I was wondering if you guys had plans to sell filters seperarely instead of as part of a kit.
2017-1-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JCB522 Posted at 2017-1-28 00:49
Hey Jeff, i ordered the cinema vivid collection couple days ago but that nd32 from the shutter collection seems interesting as well. I was wondering if you guys had plans to sell filters seperarely instead of as part of a kit.

Yes you can always email us for special ordering single ND filters.
support@polarprofilters.com

Thanks!

Jeff
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules