Problem with Phantom 1 Motor
3275 10 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

Here is a video of my Phantom 1's propeller. It is acting really weird. Initally 3 were acting like this, but now only one is. If anyone can tell me what's going on and how I could fix it that would be great. Sorry for the bad quality video. Here's the video: http://youtu.be/xNCrYhGUnRE?t=5s
2015-2-13
Use props
woodyonboard.ya
lvl.1

United States

Did you crash before this started happening?  Maybe a bad esc but it's strange that two of three motors are OK now.  Try spinning the motors by hand to see if they spin freely or are sticking or much too loose.   
2015-2-13
Use props
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

woodyonboard.ya Posted at 2015-2-14 11:57
Did you crash before this started happening?  Maybe a bad esc but it's strange that two of three mot ...

No crash recently. I flew it a bit about a month ago and it flew fine. I hadn't flown it since. The motors are all spinning freely yes. It just seems so strange that 3 were doing this, then two of them started working.
2015-2-13
Use props
steve230556
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9347 ft
United Kingdom

Try pulling upward on each motor. Any upwards movement means the circlip and collar have come off. You will probably find circlip magnetised to side of rotor, preventing easy rotation. This happened to me.
2015-2-26
Use props
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

Ok so I actually figured out what's going on... Recently I had the prop guards on and it worked just fine, but I got a case for the quadcopter and had to take the prop guards off as it doesn't fit in the case with them on. When I took them off I must have over-tightened the screws on the motor, and that was preventing it from running properly... I loosened the screws a bit and now it works fine. I used the prop guard screws which are too long, so I'll be ordering replacement screws soon. Make sure you don't over tighten these I guess!

Just wondering if there's some lubrication or routine maintenance that I should be doing on the quadcopter... Thanks once again for the help
2015-3-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

sigilwig44 Posted at 2015-3-21 03:48
Ok so I actually figured out what's going on... Recently I had the prop guards on and it worked just ...

No lubrication for the motors and you should have just put the original screws back in after you remove the prop guards...
2016-3-9
Use props
sigilwig44
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-10 01:39
No lubrication for the motors and you should have just put the original screws back in after you r ...

I'm pretty sure I did use the original screws for the motor, but just overtightened them... Anyhow, this doesn't matter anymore, I fixed it, and sold it on eBay so it's gone now

Thanks for the help anyway!
2016-3-10
Use props
bmars69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181427 ft
United States

I am having the same issue.. I had one motor doing the same thing, so I replaced the motor and esc.. that fixed the problem and a 4 were spinning correctly. I put the top of the case back on and then another motor started to do the same pulsating slow turn thing.. So I took the case top back off and removed the motor screws (these were the small size) and the motor continued to run slow and pulsating... I don't see how putting the cover back on would cause a motor or ESC to blowout? Any other ideas.. BTW, I did have the battery unplugged while assembling and disassembling.. this is kicking my butt... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
2016-3-14
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

I  had a problem with a motor too but was not as serious as yours, my motor showed small vibratios in its arm. I changed the motor and the problem ended.
2016-3-14
Use props
bmars69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181427 ft
United States

Thanks, Does anyone know how to test the motors to validate they are working, so I would know if the ESC or the motor is bad..(Could be both).. I found that good motors on the esc's are using approx .5amp AC! on all three leads an the bad on is using about 1.5amps AC ! on the black an the red leads but the yellow lead have no current being used. (so motor or ESC ???) And the weird part is that it was working fine prior to assembling the top and then it failed, just weird.... Thanks
2016-3-19
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Id replace the motors if the leds under the arms are working if not then its the esc
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules