Samsung Note 4
6242 24 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206831 ft
United States

Just got my Mavic 2 days ago. I've searched here a bit and found some talking about it but they are older posts and no real solutions...  I can't get my Samsung Note 4 to work. The camera button never shows up.

Super bummed I can't fly with my device. It's almost a deal breaker for me with DJI.  I have debugging on and mtp for USB on. Anyone have any tips on getting it working?  

I'm on vacation this week and I just want to fly so badly!

Thanks,
Mike
2016-12-28
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

what android version you running?I have a note 4 and I don't have usb debugging on or mtd. I just hook up the cord and app starts by itself.no problem with the app on mine just make sure no apps are running in the background.
2016-12-28
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Have the Note EDGE (which is a Note 4 with Edge) and had no probs from the first day (except 1 or 2 app-crashes the first day).

1. Try with an original Samsung USB-Cable plugged to the bottom USB-outlet on RC

if this doesn´t clear the prob (defective DJI-cable) try:

2. Uninstall DJI GO, run SD Maid (app store), reinstall DJI GO 3 (didn´t try with DJI GO 4) and try again

Good luck
2016-12-28
Use props
fans57e193f4
lvl.2

United States

Hello, purchased used Samsung Sm-N910V (Note 4) on EBAY specifically for the Mavic. Android Version 5.0.1. I've had no issues with the limited number of flights so far.
2016-12-28
Use props
Eikro
lvl.2

Russia

Note 4  (SM-N910C) Android 5.1.1 - No apparent problems. Sometimes the DJI GO 4 App crashes but I guess it's not really device related since many different people reported crashes using other devices.
2016-12-28
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

My Note 4 works fine, USB debugging on or off. I have Android 6.0.1, and am using DJI Go 4. I plug it in to the controller, turn the controller on, and the app starts up after a few seconds.

The only time I've had any sort of problem is occasionally if I'm flying the Mavic when the Note 4's wi-fi is on. I get warnings of poor signal quality in that case, but as soon as I switch off the Note's wifi, the warning goes away.
2016-12-28
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

With my Note 4 Edge i sometimes have to reconnect the cable a couple of times. I have the original QI wireless charging cover on, so my phone is to thick. The plug has a slight angle to it when connected.
2016-12-28
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Just flew with my note 4 (non edge) today no issues
2016-12-28
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Note 4 also. Correct sequence that works: plug Note into remote, switch on remote ,wait for app to launch itself, switch on mavic. Worked like a charm from the start. I use the lower port, the upper crashes app for some reason (cable?)
2016-12-28
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

Thanks All. Trying some of these suggestions now. I know the cable is ok because it works with my daughters tablet. Just dying to use my note to fly this thing! Busy day today so no time to get back here and read, then play again.

Thanks!
Mike
2016-12-28
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

naaaa..nothing works. Tried it all + more based on so many others having Samsung issues over the years. Total bummer. I'd love to reset my phone to defaults and try it but that's quite a bit of a loss for me, especially if it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Mike
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Faso Posted at 2016-12-28 21:54
naaaa..nothing works. Tried it all + more based on so many others having Samsung issues over the years. Total bummer. I'd love to reset my phone to defaults and try it but that's quite a bit of a loss for me, especially if it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Mike

Hello Mike, have you tried to use another original usb cable to connect?
2016-12-29
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 02:12
Hello Mike, have you tried to use another original usb cable to connect?

Do You really read, what is in the thread ? He already STATED that he used a different cable and that the same cable works nicely on his daughters pad .................
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Angelo26 Posted at 2016-12-29 02:26
Do You really read, what is in the thread ? He already STATED that he used a different cable and that the same cable works nicely on his daughters pad .................

The cable is work with his daughters pad but may be not work with his phone.
Before reset the phone to factory, it's worth to have a try, right?
2016-12-29
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike,
  I also run both DJI GO & DJI GO 4 on a Note4.
I don't see the the suggestion in the threads that you sync your flights to the DJI cloud to save them,and then uninstall the DJI GO app. Sometimes a bad installation will cause errors. After you uninstall, reboot the phone. Perform a clean install of the DJI GO 4 app. The installation should configure the phone... Finally, resync your flights back to the new installation ...
2016-12-29
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

Thanks all. I have tried a few cables, including the one it comes with and the one controller charges with. It works fine with both of those on my daughters tablet. I've ruled out the cable being an issue...

Today, I installed DJI GO 4 for the first time. I didn't know about it so I have been trying with regular DJI GO. So, the 4 was brand new and still, it doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. It doesn't help. Still works fine on my daughters tablet. Also tried my WORK cell phone, which is an iphone 6s and it works fine.(It's my device ONLY)

Since many are ok without changes I'm sure it's my device and NOT DJI. Just trying to figure it out at this point is difficult because it's ME, and not DJI. I've been debating a tablet JUST for the drone but didn't really want to ADD to my investment this soon...;) (My wife doesn't want me to add anymore $$$ to it either) She already thinks I'm crazy.(Maybe she is right? hehe)

I did get to fly twice now with the work iphone and it was GREAT!!!!

Thank again. Anyone else who has a tip, I'll take it! Would love to use my note 4...

Mike
2016-12-29
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

do you have power saving option on or any app killer applications running.sometimes it takes mine a minute to connect to the app.also will your phone connect to a computer just fine that would eliminate the micro usb port.i had a phone once where the micro usb port had corrosion in it and would only work sometimes.i used a small needle and scraped the corrosion off of it with a fine touch.
2016-12-29
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. No corrosion. Doesn't get noticed by a computer so I'm not trying to figure that out. Once solved I'll try the magic again. I think this IS the right path! I'll be back in touch soon!!!! Thanks!!!
2016-12-30
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

I found this. you can try and turn it on and off to see if that helps

1.Go to the phone's dialer, enter ##366633# and hit CALL.
2.A menu will come up with 2 options: Enable DM Mode and Disable DM Mode.
3.Select Disable DM Mode and exit out by hitting the HOME key.
4.NOW connect your phone to the PC, pull down the notification panel and press Connect as a Media Device.
5.Select MTD and enjoy
2017-1-1
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

jims3000 Posted at 2017-1-1 17:49
I found this. you can try and turn it on and off to see if that helps

1.Go to the phone's dialer, enter ##366633# and hit CALL.

Thanks but still nothing. PC doesn't see the phone. Bummer. I thought it was going to work.
2017-1-3
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Faso Posted at 2017-1-3 18:32
Thanks but still nothing. PC doesn't see the phone.  Bummer. I thought it was going to work.

Go to your app manager and clear defaults for DJI Go and DJI Go 4
When you turn the RC on, your phone (with screen unlocked etc) should ask you to choose an app to open with this device (the RC) ... select DJI Go 4

can you post a screenshot of what it looks like ? - Press the power and home button together for a screenshot
2017-1-3
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-3 18:47
Go to your app manager and clear defaults for DJI Go and DJI Go 4
When you turn the RC on, your phone (with screen unlocked etc) should ask you to choose an app to open with this device (the RC) ... select DJI Go 4

went to each and the "clear defaults" button is greyed out for both...
2017-1-3
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

If his computer wont recognize his phone there has to be something wrong with the micro usb or the software on the phone could be corrupt.you can head over to xdadevolpers forums under your version phone and see if they can help.
2017-1-3
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

have you had the phone since new or is it a used phone.
2017-1-3
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

jims3000 Posted at 2017-1-3 18:59
have you had the phone since new or is it a used phone.

I'm the only owner of the phone. It USED TO work when connecting to the PC. Not sure what happened but it's definitely something with my device. I'm due for a new phone so I may just get a new phone soon and reset this one and use it for the drone only. Resetting it now is just a hassle.
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules