2 questions regarding my battery and DJI GO app
680 4 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chipper
New

United States

I purchased a new phantom 4 yesterday and the battery is dead and will not charge.  Can I send it to DJI and will they send me a new one?  Second, I have an Ipad4 that has IOS 10.2 and it tells me that it is not compatible with this device.  My instructions say that it is compatible with IOS8.0 and later.  Do I need a newer Ipad for DJI GO to install?

Thank you
2016-12-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Try searching DJI GO 4 in the app store. It's a new DJI GO app for phantom 4's, mavics, inspires, etc. However the app is very buggy and needs an update so it may not work all that well until it's updated. What do you mean the battery will not charge? Do any lights appear on the battery? Have you tried a different outlet?
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you have the iPad 4 and not the Mini4, then you're running into a processor issue instead of an OS issue. The minimum requirement is an A7 processor. For the battery, was it purchased from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2016-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chipper,

After taking into consideration and doing what Jamie and Pina said, try to see if this is the problem.  The P4 battery default setting is to start draining the battery after three days.  If the battery is stored waiting sale for two weeks or more, the battery is going to drain and possibly drain so much that it shows no lights for as much as a half hour after it is plugged in.  

If you try to test this, check it every five minutes for heat and the lights of course.  There should be almost no heat from charging since it is well metered, certainly no more than what it would be if you heated it in your hands for that amount of time.  After a flight, you will know what a hot battery is like.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-29
Use props
Chipper
New

United States

Thank you all for the responses.  I ended up taking the drone back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another one.  The new battery charged fine. Thank you DJI-Jamie for explaining why my Ipad won't work with the DJI app.  It's time to look for another Ipad.
2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules