1462 2 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sakumar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239134 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm specifically alluding to the Phantom 4 Pro+. The model with the screen included with the Remote Controller.

Because the DJI Go 4.0 App version is different from both Android and iOS, there are several problems unique to the Pro+ :

[1] The Satellite images in the Map don't have the resolution of either iOS, nor Android. For Android there is a workaround involving turning off the storage option that switches satellite imagery to Google Maps. Pro+ users can't do that.

[2] There is a setting "Peak Focus Threshold" that outlines which regions are in focus by showing the edges as Red. Since the Phantom Pro has tap-to-focus, this is very useful but it only works for IOS -- not Pro+.

[3] The Color Profiles available for Video have different labels. I see a bunch of them labeled "Film-A", "Film-B", "Film-C" and so on that give no hint what you'll get. On the other hand for Android or iOS they are labelled "Art", "B&W", "Vivid", "Beach", "Dream" and so on. Much more useful, I think.

Some of these problems can be resolved if the "Check for Update" updates the DJI Go 4.0 App to the latest Android version instead of requiring the entire Remote Controller to be updated all at once.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Yes
Yes
Yes

In the meantime, if we can just get the ability to plug an iOS or Android Device and rubberband it in front of the pro+ screen at least we could use it.
2016-12-28
Use props
Charles E
New
United States

I think there is a problem with the latest 6/8/17 Phantom 4 Pro+ firmware update.  I spent an entire day with the bird failing to link to the remote for any amount of time.  What a mess.  Finally did a downgrade and everything seems to be working smoothly.  I'm new to this field, and is this something I will have to expect from this company.  I'm a commercial photographer and I never have such issues with my photo equipment updates.  Only thing now I'm having to deal with is a request for my mainland China phone number to link my account and it won't go away.  I live in the USA, in Hawaii for god's sake.  Not very professional in my opinion!
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules