We need camera movement in waypoint missions!
2016 19 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 716572 ft
Spain

Today i have done some shoots with waypoint mission, its just the best thing to get cinelike footage in my opinion.
I only miss camera movement from point to point.
Please please DJI implemet this feature for us, it would be state of the art and mind blowing.
2016-12-28
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Agreed. This would be awesome.

There are actually a ton of improvements that could be added to waypoints.
2016-12-28
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Spain

Yes but camera movement is very easy to add and would extend the possibilities a lot.
Everything that we could do with the map missions is nice too, but litchi can do this very good.
I don't like the map missions because you can't see what the shoot will look like, and its not build for near by shoots.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, thank you for your suggestion.
I'll help to report it to our related team.
2016-12-28
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Spain

Thank you Mindy. Thumbs up.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI GO PM Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Thanks for your advice. We will consider to record the camera movement when you create the misson.
2016-12-30
Use props
c_future
lvl.4
Austria

yes
2016-12-30
Use props
Jan0175
lvl.1

Indonesia

great idea..!!
2016-12-30
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Spain

Perfect, we will love it.
2016-12-30
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

Yes, I agree. Please consider camera movement meaning not only gimbal mouvement, but yaw movements of the drone as well.
2017-1-7
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

Guys, there are already 2 excellent working solutions to have way-points with camera control outside of using DJI's own GO & GO 4 apps - Litchi (Android & iOS) & Autopilot (iOS only)

I only have experience of Litchi as I run an Android tablet and it is a very powerful tool and you can pre plan missions on your PC using their Mission Hub which overlays on top of Google maps.

Search for Lichti & Autopilot way point missions on YouTube. There are plenty of videos showing it in action and how to use them both and the results you can acheive.
Here is a nice example of what can be acheived -
2017-1-7
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
Spain

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-7 06:28
Yes, I agree. Please consider camera movement meaning not only gimbal mouvement, but yaw movements of the drone as well.

Yaw movement is already implemented in waypoint missions. Litchi and Autopilot are nice apps, but they are not able to do what a waypoint mission with recorded camera movement could do.
In a waypoint mission you can look through the cam and frame your shoot at every point.

2017-1-7
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

gnom Posted at 2017-1-7 14:18
Yaw movement is already implemented in waypoint missions. Litchi and Autopilot are nice apps, but they are not able to do what a waypoint mission with recorded camera movement could do.
In a waypoint mission you can look through the cam and frame your shoot at every point.

There is at least one case where it doesn't record yaw in waypoints. I tried doing a mission where I had the drone go straight up and spin around at the end. All the rest of the waypoints were fine, but it didn't yaw at all as it was going straight up.
2017-1-7
Use props
Maxence
lvl.1

France

Yes, thanks Jimney and gnom. Since my post, I tried the litchi app. Very cool. Can do lots that the DJI GO can't. Still can't really figure out the interest of "Focus" over "Track" but, I'm working on it. :-)
2017-1-10
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

Maxence Posted at 2017-1-10 08:10
Yes, thanks Jimney and gnom. Since my post, I tried the litchi app. Very cool. Can do lots that the DJI GO can't. Still can't really figure out the interest of "Focus" over "Track" but, I'm working on it. :-)

I agree - what the heck is focus for?
2017-1-10
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
United States

The new DJI app "Ground station pro" is like litchi.
2017-1-11
Use props
darktrain
lvl.2
Germany

"The new DJI app "Ground station pro" is like litchi."

Yes, may be, but I unfortunately use Android ...
2017-1-11
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-10 08:28

Track mode uses a computer vision algorithm to point the camera at an object. Focus mode uses GPS comordinates such as those of a POI or the GPS of the connected phone to tell the camera where to point.
2017-1-11
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-10 08:28

Track mode uses a computer vision algorithm to point the camera at an object. Focus mode uses GPS comordinates such as those of a POI or the GPS of the connected phone to tell the camera where to point.
2017-1-11
Use props
gnom
Second Officer
United States

Any news on this topic?
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules