Cannot see FW version
908 11 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JS30030
New

United States

I just unboxed the P3S and went through setup where I was never prompted to upgrade the firmware.  I was curious to see what version came out of the box but it will not tell me.  I've tried with both Android and IOS DJI GO apps, Android app tells me it's loading the FW info but nothing ever loads and IOS says app tells me the FW information cannot be retrieved.  I also looked in the about section of the app and it tells me the aircraft info is unavailable.  Everything else seems to be functional but I do notice that the distance number fluctuates greatly as if its moving even though the aircraft is sitting still on the table directly in front of the RC, is that normal?  Should I be concerned?
2016-12-29
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Sounds like it's not connected
2016-12-29
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I simply go to the about page it tells me what version of DJI go the next line tells me what version of firmware. The only time it does not display that information is when the Wi-Fi is turned off on the device then it is not connected to the Drone
2016-12-29
Use props
JS30030
New

United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2016-12-29 13:10
I simply go to the about page it tells me what version of DJI go the next line tells me what version of firmware. The only time it does not display that information is when the Wi-Fi is turned off on the device then it is not connected to the Drone

It's definitely connected because it is sending video to my phone and the gimble reacts when I go right or left with the joy stick.  Is there a way to do a factory reset of the aircraft?
2016-12-29
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2016-12-29 13:10

No, unfortunately there's no reset except for relinking the aircraft to the remote. I recently received a new P3S that also did not prompt for an upgrade. I assumed everything was current because the app/info showed "the firmware is up to date"
I supposed that some new P3's you can buy are not very old stock and so these will have already had the latest firmware installed. The opposite could be true depending on how long the unit has been in the retailers warehouse. I also felt concern because it did not show the firmware version in the app/about page but after about week of occasional use the firmware version finally appeared in the app. It was indeed the most recent version. Don't know why it did this but it is flying great. I'm very happy with both my drone and DJI in general.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello JS30030, this issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon. The aircraft can be used normally.
2016-12-30
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

What exactly means "soon"? Due to a severe firmware issue (search for "rc signal lost") some (like me) are not able to fly anymore. So we are waiting for this fix.
2017-1-6
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 02:16
Hello JS30030, this issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon. The aircraft can be used normally.

I've seen this posted before on a different thread. But confused as why a server issue has an impact on the app displaying a version number. Since the drone, RC and the device are not connected to the internet at the same time. My device's wifi is only going to be connected to the RC or internet, not both simultaneous.
2017-1-6
Use props
Namdsibor
New

United States

I have the same issue, where I cannot see the FW Version of the Aircraft, but most importantly my P3S in new and hasn't taken an update yet.  So, my question is, is it possible that it won't take an update because my iphone was used to update my previous P3S?  I was thinking maybe there is a file stored on my device that is tricking it to think it already has the update.  I don't understand why when I use my iphone it doesn't show Firmware Update Available, but when I use my Android it shows update available.
2017-1-6
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

They are obviously having some major issue over at DJI.  This has been going on since before Christmas.  
2017-1-6
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-6 13:53
They are obviously having some major issue over at DJI.  This has been going on since before Christmas.

Either that or everyone on Holiday Vacation lol . But yea tons of DJI issues this holiday though no doubt.
2017-1-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Its common for FW to be shown as N/A .... I have never seen any numbers on my set ! Even after updating !

As to distance fluctuating ---- this will happen as it is based on GPS calculations which fluctuate anyway. Second if you are indoors its unlikely you are getting SATs to lock onto. Basically the system is 'hunting' ....

Nigel
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules