DJI, Bought a returned Mavic and seems activated. Care Refresh?
2157 15 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DJ-Ken/Mindy,

Just bought a mavic that was returned to the store today.I asked the store what that was about. He said it was not flown but the buyer was not so happy with it to do professional work with it. He might have checked out the camera...

I inspected it completely and had still everything nice and clean packed. All protection was still there except one in front of the lens. But looked like it wasnt flown yet.

I knew a mavic would ask to activate when trying to lift off. And it seems it was activated... (I tried it with the props all removed)

What do I do now? I wanted to buy DJI Care Refresh immediatly, can I just send a proof of purchase?. Am I screwed now to do the whole procedure? I wanted to buy it before I flew it, since this is my first real drone.

What if I crash it while doing the whole procedure?

While writing this, checked the SD Card. It was indeed used indoor to test the camera. Files date from 15/12. Was just sitting on a desk, testing the gimbal like 2 times, and recorded footage on a desk and took 2 pictures. So yeah, was not flown, what to do now. Or I could just return it to the store. Talked about it and and the seller told me if it was an issue, I could return it.

Any feedback would be great.

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Nees, I'd suggest you to contact our DJI Care support team at djicare@dji.com.
They will be able to assist you.
2016-12-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 22:16
Hello Nees, I'd suggest you to contact our DJI Care support team at .
They will be able to assist you.

thx, I send a mail this morning, hope they will respond quickly that I know what to do.

Return it or not...
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2016-12-30 03:36
thx, I send a mail this morning, hope they will respond quickly that I know what to do.

Return it or not...

Which email address you used to contact our support?
Is it the same as your forum email?
2016-12-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 03:41

Yes it is.
2016-12-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

You can still purchase Care Refresh This is What DJI sent me.

"In order to purchase it for the unit after 48 hours from the activation,  please kindly check the link below and submit with a required video, we shall then help you to buy the Care Plan for the aircraft once the video is confirmed to be qualified."

With a link.
2016-12-30
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

See the column on the right on this page: http://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-mavic-pro
2016-12-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Still haven't received any information. Not sure if to expect something during the weekend.
2016-12-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-30 08:20
You can still purchase Care Refresh This is What DJI sent me.

"In order to purchase it for the unit after 48 hours from the activation,  please kindly check the link below and submit with a required video, we shall then help you to buy the Care Plan for the aircraft once the video is confirmed to be qualified."

I know...

But that is a lot of hassle for a product I bought and shouldnt be doing to buy care refresh...
2016-12-30
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Hi,

Still haven't heard anything back yet...
2017-1-2
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

Nees Posted at 2016-12-30 17:11
I know...

But that is a lot of hassle for a product I bought and shouldnt be doing to buy care refresh...

I agree, if it were me, unless you got a screaming good deal on it, I'd return it and get a new sealed mavic.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2017-1-2 09:40
Hi,

Still haven't heard anything back yet...

I had escalated it for you.
Please check if you get any update.
2017-1-3
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 19:41
I had escalated it for you.
Please check if you get any update.

Yes, thx, received an email, sadly, they said or to return it or make the video...

I'll think about what to do.
2017-1-4
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

What would you guys do, the store offers me a 100euro reduction if I would keep it.

The unit does look good, no squeezing cables in the arms when folding, sharp camera (no soft point, atleast from what I tested)

Ot just return it, and wait for a Fly More Combo to pop up...
2017-1-4
Use props
Panamera 5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43917 ft
Canada

I'm having the same problem I contacted Dji over week ago with no response...  Emry frustrating... can someone from Dji please help me
2017-1-6
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Nees Posted at 2017-1-4 00:19
What would you guys do, the store offers me a 100euro reduction if I would keep it.

The unit does look good, no squeezing cables in the arms when folding, sharp camera (no soft point, atleast from what I tested)

100 Euros is 1 more battery or Care Refresh Plan .

Make the video and you'll get your Care Refresh for the discount the store is offering if it's only taken couple of minutes video and pictures.

All above if DJI is willing to give the Care Refresh for your drone. If not then I would take it back to the store.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules