Mavic night shots
1480 2 2016-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
my little hobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2700653 ft
Canada

I flew around a few nights trying to get some long exposure shots, but it was too windy so i went for video instead. I had a problem with focus not working for a lot of the flight. it would give a message on screen when i tried to tap to focus saying ambient light was too low. does anyone know anyway around this or how i can get more useable footage in the dark? i got this much useable footage from a 20 minute or so video, the rest was blurry and crappy.

2016-12-30
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

I like what you got. Very cool setting for night.  If its like a regular camera where its too dark to focus, you set to manual focus, then focus on something that has enough light and a similar distance from where you want to shoot.  Then the camera is focused for that distance even though you change the subject.
2016-12-30
Use props
my little hobby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2700653 ft
Canada

Cwood Posted at 2016-12-30 05:51
I like what you got. Very cool setting for night.  If its like a regular camera where its too dark to focus, you set to manual focus, then focus on something that has enough light and a similar distance from where you want to shoot.  Then the camera is focused for that distance even though you change the subject.

Thanks for the reply. I am still learning this as it is quite different from my old phantoms. The problem for this night was I wanted to get the shot flying to the factories which was like a 1km flight to get to, but could not get it to focus until right where the video starts. Maybe I will have to try to find manual focus and try that, but then i would think it may get blurry as i get close to the target location? Sorry, I am such a camera noob, but been flying drones for a few years, but usually just use auto settings.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules