Android DJI Go 4 app not saving photos?
5178 6 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1801ac44
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Anyone else having this problem? None of my photos have been saving into my app since 22/12/2016. Is there a reason for this to be happening?
2016-12-31
Use props
jltatc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220722 ft
United States

I have the same problem here after update. They are on the SD card,
2016-12-31
Use props
Dory
New

United Kingdom

Mine are in the dji app but not saving into my camera roll on my phone. not sure how to export them.
2017-1-5
Use props
JMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 198330 ft
Mexico

I have the same problem.... No photos only videos in DJI 4
2017-1-6
Use props
Silver Hawk
lvl.1

United States

Google Pixel here and I also have this issue.  The first two I ever took showed up at a later time.
Running the most up to date firmware, app, and Android OS.  I have app permissions set to allow everything.
When I try to go through the app and manually download I am unable to do so while viewing a single image (the down arrow bottom right is grayed out).
If I select multiple images I can then choose to download, and it says it's downloading, but the photos do not show in my DJI photo album.

I also had a cached image photo album with what looks like CDs with the filter names from within the DJI Go app that just randomly showed up on my phone.
I am shooting in jpeg only and have it set to auto transfer photos.
Downscaled videos are saving without issue.

I did restart my phone yesterday and left the Mavic Controller and Mavic itself on while I rebooted.  When I plugged it back in to the controller and started the app the images transferred.  However, I did a quick flight last night and took a photo and noticed it did not transfer.

I did tell my phone to automatically launch the app once it detected that device- I wonder if that is contributing to the problem.  Has anyone tried an uninstall/reinstall of the app?
2017-1-17
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Did you guys end up working out the issue?

I'm on an iPhone 6s, I noticed my last flight, not all videos were transferred from the drone to the DJI Go 4 App's album, although the photos I took on the same day were all there.
  • The first few flights everything appeared in the App.
  • Not sure if this is something to do with the cache option in the App.

2017-1-30
Use props
JcsJasper2000
New
United States

To answer your original question, photos are no longer auto-saving to your phone because your cache is full. By default, the app limits the video/image cache to 2 GB. Once its full, no more videos/images will be saved to your phone. You can fix this by deleting some files from the DJI Go album, or by updating your settings to increase the cache size/management. Next time you connect to the Mavic, go to Settings, and click the last settings tab at the bottom '...'. Scroll to Video Cache. From there you can increase the cache size, or select the option to auto clear the cache to retain the latest video/images.  
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules