Connection
528 4 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spanos
lvl.1

United States

i have had my phantom for about 6 months and everything has been fine. But recently i have been noticing a message saying strong interference and to bring the drone closer home although i have roughly 10-14 sattellites. I fly in a neighborhood with about 150ft trees but i fly well above that not sure if i should ignore the message
2016-12-31
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

This message has nothing to do with GPS satellites. It's radio interference, mostly wifi interference at 2.4 GHZ. But it could also be at 5.8 GHZ for the Standard.
2016-12-31
Use props
Spanos
lvl.1

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-31 11:37
This message has nothing to do with GPS satellites. It's radio interference, mostly wifi interference at 2.4 GHZ. But it could also be at 5.8 GHZ for the Standard.

am i still good to fly when i get this message or should i bring it closer
2016-12-31
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It could also  be magnetic interference effecting the compas. Perhaps take your AC to another location (pref out in the country with less infrastructure around to cause radio or magnetic issues) and see how you get on, maybe there is a new source of interference where you usually fly. I would be mindful of flying with that type of warning. Could be a recipe for a fly away.
2016-12-31
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Spanos Posted at 2016-12-31 11:42
am i still good to fly when i get this message or should i bring it closer

Most just ignore it, but it does mean that signal loose may happen and the RTH might begin. Since your flying in a residential area I'm sure that's it. Trying flying elsewhere. I bet you updated the FW recently.
2016-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules