5584 24 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

Hello to everyone! And Happy New Year!

Tried to fly as usual but a 'joy' there appeared... Writes "Battery damaged". "Battery cell is broken"...
Barely I was glad that the problems I have walked side and then it happened ...
First cell has lower voltage than other for 0.13V. Tried to fully discharge and charge again - the same.A gift for the new year.
Drone is able to fly but I'm afraid to do it...
So what could I do?

2016-12-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What's new, the drone or your battery?
If it's a new battery, return and exchange it.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What was the temperature, was the battery cold at all, or was it kept warm before use ?
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 01:42
What's new, the drone or your battery?
If it's a new battery, return and exchange it.

A couple of months both. I live in Kazakhstan and bought not from official dealer but from private seller but device was new and sealed.
So I need to write to DJI service and send it to them?
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-1 03:37
What was the temperature, was the battery cold at all, or was it kept warm before use ?

It was warm.
Very strange that today I discharged/charged it and tried to fly not high and notice about battery disappeared... What it could be?
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-1 04:21
A couple of months both. I live in Kazakhstan and bought not from official dealer but from private seller but device was new and sealed.
So I need to write to DJI service and send it to them?

You can do a battery diagnostic, to see if any irregularity is documented.

See www.healthydrones.com
Also http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

OK, so you want someone here who understands this stuff, to look at this LOG and decipher if there are any battery anomalies?
http://www.healthydrones.com/mai ... eb8&page_id=GENERAL
Yes your battery, Cell 1 seems to be the problem...
http://www.healthydrones.com/mai ... =POWERBattery_Cells

RedHotPoker

2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 20:38
OK, so you want someone here who understands this stuff, to look at this LOG and decipher if there are any battery anomalies?
http://www.healthydrones.com/mai ... eb8&page_id=GENERAL
Yes your battery, Cell 1 seems to be the problem...

And here:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RVZUOO7FM6TJNDS683GY/
As I understand - it shows that in the last part of flight battery cell deviation became normal
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-1 20:42
And here:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RVZUOO7FM6TJNDS683GY/
As I understand - it shows that in the last part of flight battery cell deviation became normal

I can't scroll through all of that lengthy extensive file, on an iPad3. ;-)
But yeah, the voltage numbers seems to even out.
Can you trust that battery enough to keep using it?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 20:49
I can't scroll through all of that lengthy extensive file, on an iPad3. ;-)
But yeah, the voltage numbers seems to even out.
Can you trust that battery enough to keep using it?

Yes, the values of the deviations are declining. Here is the last part of the flight:
Снимок.JPG
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Those minimal variations in voltage numbers are practically insignificant.
If you keep the flight pack. Take it easy, don't race around with it, fly slow and perhaps stay close to home. ;-)

If you don't feel confident, contact DJI tech support, and see what they recommend doing.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 21:34
Those minimal variations in voltage numbers are practically insignificant.
If you keep the flight pack. Take it easy, don't race around with it, fly slow and perhaps stay close to home. ;-)

Ok, thank you for recomendations. Will still keep an eye on battery and then will ask DJI Support. Don't want to throw out a new battery...
2017-1-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Somnium Posted at 2017-1-1 22:11
Ok, thank you for recomendations. Will still keep an eye on battery and then will ask DJI Support. Don't want to throw out a new battery...

Yes, well atleast now you have all the pertinent info, necessary to help them, figure out a next step for you.
It might be advised that it will be fine... So wait and see how it goes. Good luck, I hope that it all works out for the best.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-1
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-1 22:15
Yes, well atleast now you have all the pertinent info, necessary to help them, figure out a next step for you.
It might be advised that it will be fine... So wait and see how it goes. Good luck, I hope that it all works out for the best.

Thank you. Have a nice day!
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thanks. Nearly Bedtime here, 2:30am ready for REM.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

Altitude 590.+ feet i wouldn't trust it that much!
2017-1-4
Use props
Overwatch98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474213 ft
Panama

i have a problem for my battery too
I just opened mynew P4 and try to charge the battery but no lights, the RC is charging
2017-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Overwatch98 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:03
i have a problem for my battery too
I just opened mynew P4 and try to charge the battery but no lights, the RC is charging

Try battery connector both ways round and make sure firmly pushed home and wait for a minute each time. If still no lights then leave battery on charger for an hour or two. It could be depleted through sitting in storage. Battery and RC should not be charged at same time.

RC normally takes just under four hours to fully charge, P4 batteries about 50 minutes under normal circumstances.
2017-1-4
Use props
bjr0404
New

United States

There seems to be alot of issues with phantom 4 batteries. I have read several threads on this forum relating to dead batteries. I seem to be a one of the unlucky ones also. I decided to pull the trigger on a Phantom 4 tonight at my local store and after reading all about dead batteries I had the sales person open the box and check the battery while I was in the store. The battery was dead no lights at all, he asked me if he could put in charger for a few mins. After 5 mins they were on so I figured it would be ok, I should have known better then to take it anyway. When I got home I was going to finish charging the battery and noticed the lights were not on again and after an hour on the charger still no lights. Now I have to pack it all up as they want to exchange the whole package instead of just replacing the battery and of course this was the last P4 in stock. At least I purchased it locally and do not have to ship it back but this is a disapointment that seems to be way to common.
2017-1-4
Use props
Overwatch98
lvl.1
Panama

I did all the things you said Aardvak but still no light, i dont know what to do now
2017-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Overwatch98 Posted at 2017-1-4 19:05
I did all the things you said Aardvak but still no light, i dont know what to do now

In that case it would be back to shop for a replacement I would think, they sold you a dud.

I assume there are no LEDS at all when you push button or perhaps try and switch on battery ?
2017-1-4
Use props
Overwatch98
lvl.1
Panama

No leds at all, the battery can't be turned on
2017-1-4
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2017-1-4 14:11

Do you mean that i
2017-1-5
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2017-1-4 14:11

Do you mean that it is too high to fly with battery with problem? Yes, I'm afraid too. But tried to fly several times with this recharged battery and all is OK, so I try to fly higher. Continue to look at battery voltage and hope that will disappear
2017-1-7
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Kazakhstan

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-1 03:37

I have tried to fly in mountains yesterday in cold weather and the problem has repeated. Then I have put battery under jacket to warm it up and the problem has disappeared. Hope that this problem was because of low temperature only, not because of any other reasons...
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules