App to Record iPhone Screen while Flying
4939 24 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20d31efe
lvl.1

United States

What do folks use to record iPhone screen when flying?  I want to share flight data in videos.

Thx.
2017-1-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Posting a response so I can follow this thread in case my understanding is out of date -- but I believe Apple doesn't officially allow screen recording except while tethered to a Mac (where the screen recording is actually done), and all the apps out there require a jailbreaked device and/or use hacks that temporarily get around the restriction until Apple closes whichever security hole developers are leveraging.

I guess I'd also expect at least older phones to be overtaxed with both controlling the bird and streaming/recording video on top of screen recording? Happy to be proven wrong.

2017-1-1
Use props
fans959ffaa9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

I could not find any for iOS so I use my old sasung s7
2017-1-1
Use props
irzQnzgxJb40
lvl.1

United States

fans959ffaa9 Posted at 2017-1-1 18:06
I could not find any for iOS so I use my old sasung s7

A USB cable tethering phone to computer running Quicktime is the preferred way, but obviously that won't work when you need the Mavic Remote plugged into the lightning port on your phone.

So the other way (w/o jailbraking your phone) is to use AirCast to send the iOS video to a computer and record it on the computer.  Reflector http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/record-iphone-screen/ and X-Mirage http://x-mirage.com/ are two apps you can run on a OSX machine to record your screen from an IOS device over wifi.
2017-1-1
Use props
1badtrain
lvl.2
United States

Look under airshou for ios on YouTube.
2017-1-1
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi has screen recording on there flight app.  
2017-1-1
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

There is an app that records all the visuals you see on the screen instead of just the underlying footage.
I cant think of its name but i see a few YT users using it.
2017-1-1
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

There's an app called vidyo which I used a couple of times. Unfortunately it eventually stops working as Apple 'unverifies' it after a few uses.
2017-1-2
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I use "AZ Screen Recorder" for Android but not sure if they make an IOS version or not....
2017-1-2
Use props
fanse33c6ec0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1535 ft
United States

Not the easiest way probably, but I used a BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder connected to the RC HDMI port, and Thunderbolt cable to a Mac running a software encoder (Wirecast). It's the setup I use for camcorder recording. Worked very well. The recorder is < $200, Wirecast is about $500.
2017-2-20
Use props
fanse33c6ec0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1535 ft
United States

fanse33c6ec0 Posted at 2017-2-20 07:00
Not the easiest way probably, but I used a BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Recorder connected to the RC HDMI port, and Thunderbolt cable to a Mac running a software encoder (Wirecast). It's the setup I use for camcorder recording. Worked very well. The recorder is < $200, Wirecast is about $500.

Or OBS for encoder should work, which is $0
2017-2-20
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Litchi can record your screen in IOS
2017-2-20
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

+1 for QuickTime tether, clearly inelegant for the field, but funtional.  
2017-2-20
Use props
ChenChen
New

China

There are about 6 iOS screen recorder apps, including  airshou and vidyo, you should try and choose the best one.
2017-4-25
Use props
kou
lvl.1

China

I prefer to record my iPhone screen onto my PC so that I can enjoy the flight videos with a big display as well as share them with other people. I have a tool that will offer you a methods about how to record your iPhone screen onto your computer. It is  iOS Screen Recorder. This app enables you to mirror your iPhone or iPad videos onto PC or Mac. Besides, you can try its free trial version if you want to test this app.
2017-8-15
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

You can mirror and record iPhone screen on your computer. If you do not want to download an extra program, you can use the Apple default solution - QuickTime.
2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

You can mirror and record iPhone screen on your computer. If you do not want to download an extra program, you can use the Apple default solution - QuickTime.
2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
huaying
lvl.1

United States

2018-11-14
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

This may have been answered, but iOS12 supporst screen recording natively. Swipe up to get the control panel and tap the circle button at the bottom (see screenshot)

recording.jpeg
2018-11-15
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

As above - screen recording is built into iOS already!!!
2018-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules