HD Signal Flashes
3889 17 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

What does it mean when the HD flashes but the signal is 4/5 or 5/5 bars?
2017-1-1
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Single Green flashes: p-mode

Double green flashes: p-mode with vision systems.

At least, that is what the manual says which you should read.
2017-1-1
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

Sorry, I mis-read your question.
2017-1-1
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

My HD icon flashes as well. Anyone know what it means?
2017-1-1
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

I looked in the book and didnt see anything about the icon except its the signal strength. I wonder if its a interferance issue but you would think it would say that on the screen. I was outside the wall that my WiFi Router is on in my house. Are we better off turning off the Wi-Fi on our phones to eliminate 2.4 and 5ghz interferance?
2017-1-1
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

mine does it in the go 4 app but not in the regular go app or litchi. I personally think there is a problem with the dji go 4 app.
2017-1-1
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

I didnt try Litchi yet as I want to make sure I know how to fly this thing first. Didnt want to go to far with the HD flashing. I do think it was sollid at some points also.
2017-1-1
Use props
ScreamMaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46759 ft
United States

DJI Mindy responded to someone in another thread asking about blinking RC bars in the Go 4 app. She said  "that means there's little interference".

Perhaps the blinking HD bars is just another undocumented feature in the Go 4 app that needs to be documented. I would guess it has something to do with interference also but...?
2017-1-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

It means there is interference on the incoming video transmission channel.  You will notice quick video skips while this is blinking.  This is likely caused by a nearby WiFi router (nearby to the R/C and probably connected to it).  

The same goes for the blinking R/C icon.  It means there is interference on the control frequency.  BOTH icons can flash also.
2017-1-1
Use props
Speed_Freak_039
lvl.2
United States

Ok. Thanks for the info. Makes sense
2017-1-1
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-1 20:03
It means there is interference on the incoming video transmission channel.  You will notice quick video skips while this is blinking.  This is likely caused by a nearby WiFi router (nearby to the R/C and probably connected to it).  

The same goes for the blinking R/C icon.  It means there is interference on the control frequency.  BOTH icons can flash also.

It's funny you mention that because DJI Mindy said in a post that having your phone's wifi on caused no interference and any warnings should be ignored.  Honestly, I'm a bit confused about instructions to ignore warnings but there now seems to be a few warnings that "aren't important".  Kinda makes me wonder why they are there then.
2017-1-1
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Germany

I can only say, that I got specific warnings about interferences with 2.4GHz wi-fi of my phone which soon after resulted in a loss of connection. I then turned my phone's wi-fi off and did not have such connection issues again.
2017-1-2
Use props
JLP-Aus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13629 ft
Australia

Hey Folks,
I have come across this as well.  The thing I found (and I am wondering if other noticed this as well) is that as I fly away some distance, the signal strength indicator on the controller drops to say 3 bars and so does the indicator on the DJI Go app.  Then the app indicator starts flashing but will continue to flash even after the Mavic has returned to home and the controller indicator is back to 5 bars.  This must be something to do with a problem in the app.

Has anyone else found this sequence of events??
2017-1-2
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I noticed my HD icon blinking in DJI Go on a flight the other day. The HD signal bars were full the whole time, but the icon was blinking right from the start, and all the way through to the end of the battery, even with a landing and additional takeoff in between. It doesn't make any sense that this flashing icon would indicate interference if the signal bars are full the whole time. I had flown one battery just before this one, in the exact same location, and the HD icon never flashed throughout that flight.

I wonder if the blinking icon really does mean anything, or if it's just a bug in the app.

(Go 4 on Android)
2017-1-6
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

Also my signal strength is flashing...I don't know why...and the warnings about weak signal come just after passing 1 km in range...in the city...this is somewhat low distance...also the video downlink was still fine.
On another quad the blinking icon mean that the remote was broken
and that quad keep loosing signal at very close range...exchanged in store and no blinking signal icon and no range problem.
2017-1-15
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Same issue with me. 4 bars of HD signal and the HD icon starts to blink
2017-1-15
Use props
fansbaa2f019
New

United Kingdom

Just tried it with the WiFi on the phone turned off and made no difference
2017-1-21
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i flew from a model plane field in marine park brooklyn which is a big open area of grass and water and i still got this blinking hd. the runways were concrete maybe that causes interference?
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules