Aircraft disconnect and won't fly home
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdh
lvl.1

United States

My p3 is disconnecting although I can still fly it manually (P-GPS) and it also at the same time will not fly home now when I tell it to.  any insight? Going to resintall the Ipad 2 mini go app.
2017-1-2
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try downgrading firmware to previous version.  This is a trial and error process to see if any updates caused the disconnect issue.
2017-1-2
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

i had it u downgraded back to 168 and upgraded again  then calibrated Everything  imu compass rc cam. Haven't taken her out for a full distance test yet but I was out in the open when I first saw it and it scared me the more I'm learning it looks like the lights on the controller and the video signal is what goes and not RC signal
2017-1-2
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

It bothered me because not once have I lost video before control signal and it always would return to home till the 179 update
2017-1-2
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

RTH button in the app or on the radio? Was the LED on the radio green or red? If red, then perhaps in the app u have it set to hover on signal loss.. if the led was green, u still had control, just not the fpv and control from the app....  Hope this helps.... And yes, i know.. the first 1 or 2 times this happens it's hard to even recall all the details.....
2017-1-2
Use props
jdh
lvl.1

United States

Well....I was running the firmware from last Apr somehow and tech support says that running that along with new radio firm can cause comm issues so I am going to field test again once not raining.  Also, i was within the 65' home point when I told it to fly home so it may be working.  All is updated and ready for more field tests.
2017-1-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check and make sure 'Smart RTH' is activated (That's when you instruct it to come home). That's in 'Main Controller Settings'/'Advanced Settings' menu.

Always best to fly home under your own control and not rely too much on RTH which is not failsafe.

Edit:- it will only do a 'failsafe RTH' when control signal lost for more than 3 seconds. You can lose the video stream and still have full control of craft.
2017-1-2
Use props
jdh
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE: I did field tests in between storms last night and RTH does work once outside the 20m rad and also she flew perfectly without disconnecting, after I did an IMU calib and running the newest firm.  It did a momentary compass error and I calibrated that.
2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jdh Posted at 2017-1-3 11:46
UPDATE: I did field tests in between storms last night and RTH does work once outside the 20m rad and also she flew perfectly without disconnecting, after I did an IMU calib and running the newest firm.  It did a momentary compass error and I calibrated that.

2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules