After Months without Problems after Firmware update No USB
584 3 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matrix_man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88763 ft
United States

After 2 Months without any Problems after Firmware update I went out to fly and after about 3 minutes it (Phantom 4) took off and away behind my house and out of site not responding to the controls. It appeared to be going down the last time I saw it so I moved the left stick up for a while although I could not see it. I remembered the failsafe called return to home. I press it an listened, again, again, again, and again I do not remember how many times I press it ( I know now each time I  pressed it  turned it on then off ) after I gave up and was going for my car I heard it.  I flipped the flight mode switch to try regain control but I could not. I pushed the left control down to reduce attitude and finally it started coming  down  and let me land. Then I noticed the compass message flashing. I was afraid of her so I took her back in to look at the film. That's when I find out about the next problem, The USB will not work. I tried different  USB cables and TWO computers. I could not make a connection. I pulled the Micro SD and watched the film. Now I still  can't  make usb contact with my Phantom 4.   Any ideas?  John
2017-1-2
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are having difficulties, John. Please explain your "USB" problem more clearly. Not sure what you mean.

If you are having problems seeing live video from the P4 on your device running the DJI GO app when both are turned on and the DJI GO app is running on your tablet, but you can still control the camera tilt up and down using the left RC thumbwheel, then the RC is connected to the aircraft but the USB connection may be bad. Try replacing the USB cable between the RC and the tablet or phone with another one that you know is good.  Are you using an Apple device or an Android device? Which specific one? Are you using DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app? If you are trying to use the DJI GO 4 app with your P4, I suggest you use the regular DJI Go app instead. Does the DJI GO app display "Aircraft Disconnected" or just "Disconnected" on the top of the screen?
2017-1-2
Use props
matrix_man
lvl.1
United States

Its its DJI Assistant that runs between computer and My Phantom 4. The usb on the Phantom 4 is not connecting. Two different computers 4 different cables.  
2017-1-2
Use props
matrix_man
lvl.1
United States

Camera is fine.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules