Touchscreen Glider Gloves for outdoors
1032 7 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are some ingenious gloves available now, that allow you to use your touchscreen in the winter.
Keeping your fingers warm, while activating the smart phone/device screen.
image.jpeg
https://www.glidergloves.com

Something new to consider, when you need to fly in the cold of winter ...

RedHotPoker

2017-1-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I bought a pair of photographer's gloves here:  https://aquatech.net/product/sensory-gloves/

They have a rubberized palm and fingers for grip, yet you can move your fingers to the side interior panels within them and expose the tips so you can feel the controls like buttons, slide switches, touch-screen, etc.

I had a pair made for the phone where fingers stayed inside the glove, but the large tip end was always hitting the wrong area and once it got dirty, it quit working.  I wear an XL glove so that made it difficult to work tiny areas of the screen too.
2017-1-3
Use props
puredata
lvl.2

United States

I bought a pair for $3.99 at local grocery store. They work fine with both iOS and Android devices.
2017-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-3 08:19
I went through this just before Christmas.  About 60% of "touch screen" gloves would not work with my iPad Air 2.  I literally went to 4 or 5 large department stores with my iPad before I found some that would fit and work for me.

Sharing the brand name, which work well, would be swell of you?! ;-) Yes please, thanks bud.

Or are you hoarding them all for yourself? Hahaha J/K

I was seriously considering ordering a pair or two online, but that would be a disaster if they were duds.
Definitely need some which will be awesome on my iPad Air2, too. Haha

Or, I can go on Amazon, and count rattings stars... Fess up, will ya? Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-4 13:07
I got them at JC Penny.  They work well for me, only the thumb and index finger are touch, I can click on small icons like the x to close setting no problem.  They scrunch up really small for packing.  Not sure they would be good in sub zero but I'm not good in sub zero gloves or not ;)

http://www.jcpenney.com/isotoner-packable-ski-gloves/prod.jump?ppId=pp5008090154&catId=SearchResults&searchTerm=Gloves&N=4294947624 507

We don't have that JCP store chain, up here in the snowy Alberta Capital, eh! Hahaha

But I will call around to see who all carries Isotoner for prices, or a similar brand, that I will go out and test, before buying.
Yes, the iPad Air2 does have a screen that is temper-a-mental. ;-)

I hope to find some relatively soon. Hopefully they will work equally as good, that yours do.
Thanks for the heads up too, now I know not to trust every touchscreen glove brand... Awesome.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-4 14:09
I tossed the packaging unfortunately and we are lucky my wife remembered where I found them, all those stores look the same to me and I try to get in and out as fast as possible LOL.

It looks like the ones at Penny's were possibly made just for them and I can't find the same thing anywhere online.  The nearest match I can find are called SleekHeat and come in a few colors https://www.isotoner.com/c/mens-gloves.  These look almost the same except they have a cuff to pack them in, mine don't have that but the fingers (the important part) look identical to me.

Ok thanks, bro. Much appreciated, that's awesome.
Our outdoor activities are big up here. We're a hardy breed. Well the true Canadians are anyway. Yes, so we have plenty numerous outdoor and hiking biking, ski shops that cater to us. I'll call a few later and see who has what available.
Price wise, there shouldn't be much separation. I used to use Glomits. You know them mitt/gloves, where they have the  finger section fold back, exposing fingerless gloves inside. But I want something where I can fly the drone, operate the RC, yet keep the prodigious digits from a frosty the snowman finger end. ;-)

I have lost count, how many times I've nearly frozen them, this past year alone...
2017 has only just begun, and I've already had a couple chilled days/nights. Seriously want to fly in comfort.
It's about time someone devised gloves that are touchscreen sensitive.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-4 14:21
Ok thanks, bro. Much appreciated, that's awesome.
Our outdoor activities are big up here. We're a hardy breed. Well the true Canadians are anyway. Yes, so we have plenty numerous outdoor and hiking biking, ski shops that cater to us. I'll call a few later and see who has what available.
Price wise, there shouldn't be much separation. I used to use Glomits. You know them mitt/gloves, where they have the  finger section fold back, exposing fingerless gloves inside. But I want something where I can fly the drone, operate the RC, yet keep the prodigious digits from a frosty the snowman finger end. ;-)

Red Hot:

My hands get cold too easily. And they protest greatly whenever I subject them to those low end degrees.

When I play tennis, I use a regular left hand winter glove and a special tennis mitt, with a hole just large enough for the racquet handle to fit inside, to be caressed by my warm fingers. Ad-In.

But when I fly, I use regular winter gloves, fleece-lined, non-porous, all fingers inside. Always inside. You know, where it's warm, with no drafty wind chill effect?

And I use a stubby, $3 touch screen stylus, hanging from my neck strap, just within no-look, quick-draw reach.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
A_Stylus.jpg
Hang_In_Style.jpg
Point_And_Fly.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-1-4 18:30
Red Hot:

My hands get cold too easily. And they protest greatly whenever I subject them to those low end degrees.

That's something I had not thought of. But would it just get in the way, for me. Something else to unnecessarily need to fiddle with.  We like to fly our aircraft at night too, so, I don't want an extra bit that needs attention. Would hate to drop that in the snow, let alone thick grass. But it looks like a great adaptation that works perfectly well for you. Thinking out of the box. Gosh, You might have been born Left handed. As that's where obscure thoughts, of creative inventiveness rests, for most people..

Those kittens look like mittens. Haha
You could find Quallofil, or Hollofil gloves, that would be far less bulky, but equally as warm.
The fine heritage of DuPont technology, the made-to-measure solution with different fibres from the Dacron® family such as Dacron® 95, Aerelle®, Hollofil® Eco, Hollofil® Allerban®, Quallofil® Air, Quallofil® Air Allerban®, Comforel®, Comforel ®Allerban®, Comforel® Supreme, Comforel® Soft.

MAN made material Technology at its finest. Haha

Many of My active joints, will begin to ache from arthritis, when they get cold enough... So staying relatively warm is imperative.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules