Refusal of app(??) to adjust Image Transmission Code Rate
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barnard-Pilot
New

South Africa

Let's get the FAQ's out of the way:
Firmware +software: all updated, no problem actually!
Drone type: P3A with model number W322.
Yes, did uninstall and re-install app.
Toggled video mode (PAL seems better)
Andriod 5.1 tablet...

My issue: To minimize the horrible, horrible delay in video transmission (usually +2 secs), I want desperately to switch the video transfer rate from "auto" to "custom", and then from 6 mbps to a (hopefully) faster 4 mbps... but  the setting DOESNT want to take, it reverts constantly back to "auto" and 6 mbps. The frustration is real, and very dangerous when piloting a drone at any speed! With even the 2 sec delay, accidents will happen resulting in loss of my new drone, or damage to property, and so forth!

I paged throught the thousands of threads, dozens of videos, and find no help that works, even an explanaition WHY this happens will help me to solve this issue. DJI, it makes your drones very very very dangerous to fly!

From my research I know that the P3 Standard cannot have its ITCR set, though it doesnt have the Lightbridge controller, my drone does, and it works... well except for that setting.

Please help! All I want to do is fly my new lovely drone, but being safety-minded, I cant!

Thanks, and fly safe!

2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know that custom is available on IOS devices (and Android I believe) if you change your device location to US. Problem is I don't know how to do this on Android (try google).
2017-1-3
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

If you have v1.8 on the RC roll it back to v1.6....
2017-1-3
Use props
Barnard-Pilot
New

South Africa

Thank you very much, am going to try both suggestions!
2017-1-4
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Unless the firmware has changed the P3 advanced video stream is a constant 2mbs and is not adjustable.  
The P3Pro is adjustable from 4 to 10mbps. The slider appears to work on the advance but doesnt really change the stream.

The Auto vs Manual is for channel selection and that should work though when the phantom powered on.

good luck and have fun flying!
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules