Repair or Buy Part 34 (complete shell w/out cam)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dougk
New

United States

In trying new software over the weekend the P3 Advanced did a fly away, first one.  And crashed in the trees.  The top and bottom part of the shell is cracked and the accelerometer is failing.    I am looking to either get it fixed or buy the replacement Part 34 which has everything execpt the camera.

The Part 34 with the Advanced tape and markings is $349 shipped.

It appears the shell is going to cost $59 with 2.5 hours of repair.  I figure this will cost about $280 with shipping.

I dont feel like screwing with the shell replacement.  I saw the video....

So is it worth the $70 for a new platform?  

thanks
Doug

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, Doug. I think a repair service would be the best course of action. I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could create a case by yourself via this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the crash!
2017-1-4
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

When having the drone repaired by DJI, the parts quoted within the repair are much less than what you'll find as spare parts.   Other shops may charge the full retail cost of the parts.
DJI will also replace components whereas other shops might replace assembles.  Case in point, I called an authorized repair center near me about my broken gimbal where the most expensive items of the gimbal: the main lens (not UV cover), camera and main electronics were fine.  The repair center I contacted don't repair gimbals, they replace them.
By doing the math, I am assuming you were quoted almost $90 an hour.  DJI charges $65/hr and don't take more than 1.5 - 2 hours.
And they pay for shipping both ways.   You just have to pack it.
It may take a while to get it back though.   One way shipping cross country takes about a week.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules