2nd defective Mavic out of the box, cant get DJI to respond
1473 11 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lees23
lvl.1

United States

Not sure what to do not so I'll see if I can get some help here.  I'll explain everything that has happened and be as objective as I can.  

I received my first Mavic 12/12, ordered from NewEgg fullfulled from DJI China direct to my door.  I flew it for the first time that evening(12/12).  When I reviewed the very short video I made I noticed that the last half of it was exremely jittery, not jello, just very shakey and constantly in and out of focus.  I jumped on DJI online support and they had me do several things such as reset camera/settings. calibrate gimbal, calibrate IMU.  None of these calibrations resolved the jitters.  I also noticed that the Mavic drifts while in GPS mode even when my fingers aren't on the control sticks.  After DJI could not resolve my issues through online tech support I was asked to fill out return/service forms and send the Mavic back.  I spent 3+hrs that evening between being on chat support calibrating, test flying or filling out the RMA information.  When I created the return paperwork I was extremely descriptive of both issues(gimbal jitters and drifting) and I even specifically asked DJI service to fly the Mavic with the included remote to make sure both issues were resolved.  I sent the remote because I figured that it was the source of the drifting.  

I watched the repair staus on the website where it shows you all the steps that it goes through, then is tested then shipped back to you.  I received my(or a replacement) Mavic back 12/29.  I set it up for a test flight, the only issue being that the DJI app will not sync with my Mavic/remote(I had 0 problems with this before).  It shows "disconnected".  I wait through 75 ppl online to talk to someone that has me push 5 buttons on the remote at one time.  One of those buttons being the right camera select wheel, how do you push a wheel that has no select push to it?  After he determined I wasn't capable of following those directions he asked me to upload the remote firmware via DJI assistant 2.  I upload both the Mavic and the remote via DJI assistant 2 with no resolution to syncing issues.  I tried some other stuff on my end like deleting and re-downloading the app but nothing worked.  I eventually figured out that I CAN get my app to sync if I use the full sized USB on the bottom of the remote and a standard lightening cable but the side mini usb port/cable do not work.  I perform a test flight using that port only to discover that the Mavic still drifts, bad.  When I attempt to calibrate the remote when I hit start calibration the right stick shows a 9% right shift when the contoller is not being touched.  Performing a calibration does not correct this.  I jump back on DJI tech chat and wait through another 75 ppl.  I eventually talk to a supervisor that I express my frustrations too.  I sent that Mavic off with 2 issues, it came back with 2 issues, one different and one the same.  I tell her that I am not confident sending it in will yeild positive results because I just got back a defective Mavic from sending it in from service.  The replacement Mavic was "tested" but some how had 2 major issues.  The supervisor explains that she is going to talk to higher managememnt to see what they can do to get we expedited and appropriate service.  We exchange emails and I havent heard from her sense.  I have sent her 3 emails to the address that she provided me.  I get that this was a holiday weekend but there has been 2 normal business days go by since she promised to email me with a resolution.  I also emailed DJI service this Saturday and they have yet to reply.

What is my next step?  Any ideas or info is appreciated.
2017-1-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I am in the same boat (sort of).  But instead of RMA'ing a BRAND NEW product & losing my return window + warranty time, I just ordered another.  And then another.  Waiting on the 3rd one now...  Let's see if this one works.
And it said 129 people for me.  Waited & they disconnected after a couple questions.  It said 123 people this time.  So THAT was what definitely forced me to return everything.  I couldn't get any REAL help here with my issues.  Waited DAYS.  

How did you pay for it?  I'd do a claim/dispute with whatever form of payment.  DEFECTIVE, NEW products are pretty easy to claim.  So I don't know why DJI play this childish game.
2017-1-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My mavic does the same thing, on the old DJI go app. It works fine with the new DJI go 4 app. Let me know if it helped.
2017-1-3
Use props
Lees23
lvl.1

United States

Appreciate the all advice R&L, I have never used anything but then DJI GO 4.0.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be, Lees23.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to look into it and find out if there's anything I can help.
2017-1-3
Use props
Lees23
lvl.1

United States

CAS-361736-R3S8D2
This is my case number from my first repair.  I don't have a case number because the last I heard form the "supervisor" I talked to is that she will email with a resolution.  I have the DJI email that she gave me and her chat name of that helps.   All I have ever asked for is assurance that I am getting a fully functioning unit.  I sent my back to be fixed and I get it back saying that it has been fixed and tested which clearly wasn't the case.  I appreciate you help.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lees23 Posted at 2017-1-3 20:40
CAS-361736-R3S8D2
This is my case number from my first repair.  I don't have a case number because the last I heard form the "supervisor" I talked to is that she will email with a resolution.  I have the DJI email that she gave me and her chat name of that helps.   All I have ever asked for is assurance that I am getting a fully functioning unit.  I sent my back to be fixed and I get it back saying that it has been fixed and tested which clearly wasn't the case.  I appreciate you help.

Thanks.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and I'll make sure they follow up with you.
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the defective Mavic, try to contect more time with them.
2017-1-4
Use props
Lees23
lvl.1

United States

It's nice that there was 0 consideration for getting a defective unit for the second time... no expedited shipping or service.  I actually waited about a week waiting for an RMA and case number.  
2017-1-9
Use props
TakingToTheSkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113743 ft
United States

Lees23 Posted at 2017-1-9 20:36
It's nice that there was 0 consideration for getting a defective unit for the second time... no expedited shipping or service.  I actually waited about a week waiting for an RMA and case number.

I think you all have had it easy...

I had a pink banding issue on my first Mavic back in November and expedited the shipping out to them mid-month. After getting impatient with no response, I bought a second one in an Apple store and sadly had my first rookie tree mistake. Shipped it out expedited and the SAME day that 2nd one was received, they repaired the gimbal clamp after I paid the $99 and shipped it back out the same day. Meanwhile, they also shipped out all FlyMore accessories from the original drone.

Fast forward to January where I'm still emailing them with no real response on my request to RETURN the original mavic and receive a refund for the drone + DJI Care. One of the emails I received from them indicated they had no idea or recollection of the first drone I purchased through their store! I was all for DJI for a while but this has been an absolute disgrace. And to top things off, I now just received an email indicating the replacement Mavic would be shipped out... Mind you there is no DJI Care on this 'replacement' as it would have an entirely new serial and all. I'm just at a loss for words.
2017-1-9
Use props
Lees23
lvl.1

United States

Whether I have had it easy or not, it's all unacceptable.  When I received the email that my Mavic was on the way back I reached out the DJI contact that I have been talking to to see if I could get details on what was fixed and what testing was done to assure me that this Mavic would function as described.  I am sure you won't be surprised know that there was no reply.  My Mavic will be delivered today and I have little confidence that it won't have issues.
2017-1-26
Use props
mscarohaley
lvl.1
United States

I am have drifting issues with my mavic as well, no calibrations will help. I've already learned from dealing with DJI that getting any help from them makes you lucky. I am seriously concerned about sending mine in, seeing as every email I've sent them has taken 2 weeks per response from them. This is so frustrating!
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules