2156 11 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans25b6b524
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438638 ft
Sweden

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else noticed a noise when swinging out the front arms? Sounds like it is the black mesh cable making the sound. Hope my cable/mesh doesnt wear out !??

[size=13.3333px]
2017-1-3
Use props
fans25b6b524
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438638 ft
Sweden

do you think silicone grease could help?
2017-1-3
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

On my Mavic it sounds like the mesh on the cable shroud is brushing against the plastic on the arm. Doubt it will become a problem anytime soon.
Dont think i would add any lubrication. That would make dust stick, and cause more wear.
2017-1-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

send it to for repair or replacement if your is in the 15 day window. I had the same issues and the cable was kinking bending and in the end I had an ESC Error which I had to send it for repair no its and buts the craft will not fly, Also I sent it in and DJI took responsibility because I show them in video the problem and I narrow it down to what it was so I did not have to pay for it they took the responsibility of fixing the problem on their cost its a manufacturing problem and they are not getting out of the assembly line with this frontal arm problem that cable is going to fail and if your lucky hopefully it fails in the ground not in the air because you could end up with a falling from the sky drone.
2017-1-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Also they do have a fast turn around and they do a great job in getting you the drone as soon as possible mine is on its way back from Holland so if I was you and I highly recommend anyone with this problem to have it check and sent in for diagnostic because that cable will fail like mine did I had the drone for 17 days only up till the the ESC Error showed up..... The change the Flight ESC controller board and the defective arm with the cable.
2017-1-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-4 00:54
On my Mavic it sounds like the mesh on the cable shroud is brushing against the plastic on the arm. Doubt it will become a problem anytime soon.
Dont think i would add any lubrication. That would make dust stick, and cause more wear.

you should have it sent to holland, if your getting buggy messages like lost propellers or battery or any weird messages also lost of GPS which I had for 2 occasion but did not lose GPS signal with the RC remote it was all within the app I would have it sent in because those are sign of the cable or something getting weird feedback. The mavic when your turn it on it initialize the motor check and ESC flight board GPS Gimbal and all is initialized and if there is something wrong, it will pop up as a message either critical or you have to calibrate like the IMU or even the compass or the gimbal, for me once I put the craft in flight I will see lots of weird messages popping like interference  where there are none I mean I am in an open countryside no antenna barely GSM phone coverage but of coarse GPS I would get with my tom tom 10 to 15 and the mavic also up to 20 I have gotten.  But there should be no signal interferance since in most places I flew my mavic I had no GSM phone coverage nor data, also I had many but many video downlink streaming where the screen will disconnect and give me errors of gps lost signal and the RC remote working fine so I will hit the RTH and it will come back with no problem so I knew this mavic was having issues.... I am glad it came down to the ESC error and manage to send it back for repair in Holland.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't notice that. You should double check and contect with dji support
2017-1-4
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I don't get any error messages when setting up or flying.
As i wrote, it's just the wire covering that touches the plastic when unfolding/folding.
2017-1-4
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-4 10:55
As i wrote, it's just the wire covering that touches the plastic when unfolding/folding.

Mine is the same, just the cover is touching. I'm still sending it in for repairs again. This will be the second Rma I'm doing with it.
2017-1-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2017-1-4 11:29
Mine is the same, just the cover is touching. I'm still sending it in for repairs again. This will be the second Rma I'm doing with it.

Sadly if mine when it comes into my hands I will check it, because one of the arms the cable was perfect when you fold it there were no kinking or bending nor the protective sheet that is wrapped around the cable was rubbing on the plastic or anything. There should be no tension when folding the arms it should lock open with a snap and close lock with a snap, no tension at all. If there is any tension like it does not have that spring snap, then the cable seems to be kinking or bending, that is not a good sign, because maybe 17 days, or more days of usage, that cable will fail slowly, and give problems. Weird flight error, or worst it just stop giving juice to the motor and the craft will fall from the sky..

2017-1-5
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-4 10:55

The way to find out if the cable is kinking is by pushing the arm and if it snaps in and snaps when closing and there is no tension not from the spring but from the cable bending inside or even once you start closing the arm the bending of folding and unfolding will break the filaments of the cable even though it does not look broken but it will break. and worst is if that motor fails in mid air that craft is going to fall like the Karma out of the sky for no reason and if your lucky it does not fall on salt water or a place where you cannot recover the craft to send it back to DJI, the aircraft have a memory of 1 gig I think which stores all your flights with the RC with the wifi phone or with the RC with out the phone connected to the craft everything and they will compare the aircraft black box as we call it and your flight data which you upload through the DJI go app in the DJI cloud and if there is aircraft error they would cover you if its a malfunction of the aircraft if its human error well you will have to pay for the aircraft damages, I knew I was under 1 year of warranty so I knew I was cover because my aircraft never crash, I never flew more than a 1 kilometers away and I was getting a lot of weird messages on the DJI go app even disconnection of the video streaming of the camera view several GPS loses and then connection it was pretty buggy I do not know if it was because the cable was feeding back error on from the motor to the ESC flight controller board but something was not working right and I am glad I did not had a motor failure in the air but in the ground which is common to see the ESC ERROR from the flight controller board malfunction or a faulty motor.
2017-1-5
Use props
LqGbaYOLbZTh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418071 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2017-1-5 05:24
The way to find out if the cable is kinking is by pushing the arm and if it snaps in and snaps when closing and there is no tension not from the spring but from the cable bending inside or even once you start closing the arm the bending of folding and unfolding will break the filaments of the cable even though it does not look broken but it will break. and worst is if that motor fails in mid air that craft is going to fall like the Karma out of the sky for no reason and if your lucky it does not fall on salt water or a place where you cannot recover the craft to send it back to DJI, the aircraft have a memory of 1 gig I think which stores all your flights with the RC with the wifi phone or with the RC with out the phone connected to the craft everything and they will compare the aircraft black box as we call it and your flight data which you upload through the DJI go app in the DJI cloud and if there is aircraft error they would cover you if its a malfunction of the aircraft if its human error well you will have to pay for the aircraft damages, I knew I was under 1 year of warranty so I knew I was cover because my aircraft never crash, I never flew more than a 1 kilometers away and I was getting a lot of weird messages on the DJI go app even disconnection of the video streaming of the camera view several GPS loses and then connection it was pretty buggy I do not know if it was because the cable was feeding back error on from the motor to the ESC flight controller board but something was not working right and I am glad I did not had a motor failure in the air but in the ground which is common to see the ESC ERROR from the flight controller board malfunction or a faulty motor.

Could someone translate this into a non-run-on sentence?
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules