Contemplating sale of V1
727 7 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

A local customer wants to buy my V1 in hopes of me picking up a V2. The V1 in question has less than 20 hours of flawless non hard/crashed flying time, I think half of that is doing updates, two controllers three 47s and case. Not giving it away, but would be interested in thoughts of what these are worth. Thank you for your thoughts on this subject in advance.\

G

2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would go to  e -bay and see what they are going for .  My thoughts would be  about 1500 dollars with the X3 camera ( did not see that on there , just assuming it's there )
Keep in mind some people on e -bay list there used ones for the price of New , I have no idea what they are thinking , so kinda take the Highs and the lows and throw them away and you get some where in the middel.  I always have a rule of thumb, try to get a s close to 60-65% of the retail price for used Items , this is where I try and buy things at , If things are just pristine then maybe a bit more, but this rule is almost always on the money .

So here are some New prices on about average from Reputable sources.

Inspire 1 with remote and 1 battery with camera 1650

2  T47 battery packs new about 300( for both )(

New RC  transmitter      400- 450

So  using the 60-65 % rule    you have 2,350 worth of NEW items X 60% = 1410     65%  =  1527   So say about 1500 is about what I would be a buyer at if it were me.  

Just my opinion

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Thanx Donnie.. I appreciate the time for a reply.
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Gootch Posted at 2017-1-4 12:55
Thanx Donnie.. I appreciate the time for a reply.

Just keep in mind , opinions are like (  Fill in the blank )  everyone has one, just saying what works for me .

Good Luck

donnie  
2017-1-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ask for $1700 and let him beat you down to $1500.
If you were to sell it on ebay you would pay 10% to ebay and 3% to paypal. Keep that in mind, that by selling it direct, you don't have that overhead.
(If you sold for $1500 on ebay your net would be $1305.00)
2017-1-4
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

No way I'd be selling an Inspire 1 and having to rely on an Inspire 2 on a commercial basis.
They have only just started shipping the first batch - there will be problems, bugs and other issues to be sorted out over the coming months.

Pickup an I2 by any means, but I'd strongly recommend that you keep the I1 purely as a backup against the inevitable early 'teething' issues.
2017-1-4
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Thanx Farnk, he accepted the $1575 I had asked but have that feeling in my gut that you are right about V2 and the investment now that we make for such fragile newer and "better" electronic devices. Maybe simply investing in an X5 with a great lens would be a better route for the overall $$ spent. Still thinking tho.
2017-1-5
Use props
Snowy Owl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-1-4 21:45
No way I'd be selling an Inspire 1 and having to rely on an Inspire 2 on a commercial basis.
They have only just started shipping the first batch - there will be problems, bugs and other issues to be sorted out over the coming months.

Yes I also agree I won't sell my  1 ,it will be my back up bird.I still haven't forgot all the firmware issues we had in the beginning and now that all seems to be OK I wouldn't part with it.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules